about live blogs
add a live blog
The Great Nitpicky Live Blog of El Goonish Shive
Strips 201-205 (Attack of the Psycho Bisexual Clone)Strip 201
There really isn't much else to say, except that Ellen should be like, wicked tired right now. Well, she did sleep in the car but still. Also, where did she get this suit? Why did she not just go straight to the school?
- Man, those are huge lockers. Ours are puny.
- More importantly, if the teachers know Ellen is Elliot...why would they let Elliot go there? It seems rather...unfortunately implicated.
- Also, for the nitpick of the day, that goth girl seems more like someone who would not even bother getting dressed, or even going into the locker rooms. This really shouldn't bother me but...it really does...
- Maybe this really is Elliot. I mean, a sane person would pull the fire alarm, run around naked, brutally beat random people, break public property, shower the main hall with cocaine, jump through windows, spray foam everywhere, pour liquid soap down the hallways, release mice and pigs in the school, dump white out on a teacher, download porn to all the computers, lick people's hands at random, pull down people's pants, pull down teacher's pants, make out with a teacher, steal the janitor's broom...
- So yeah, Ellen. One boring person cloned from a boring person.
- And Shive, I do not think ironic means what you think it does.
- ANECDOTE TIEMZ!
- In my 12th grade AP Lit class, we've read Brave New World. For those who don't know, it's like the R-rated version of the Giver. For those who still don't know, it's the drug version of 1984. For those who STILL don't know, there is sex in it.
- As a result, the kids got this awkward titchy behavior to them. My teacher even told us of a story of a girl, when everyone was talking about their thesis statement, who asked to speak to him after class and said:
- "Mr. F, I wanna do my essay on Brave new world. Is it OK if I write it on...welll...uhm...sex?"
- Said teacher now makes it a point to explain that we are adults. It's ok to talk about sex.
- Interestingly, the one who always seems to be laughing the msot is the kid ranked number one in our school. He's indian. Best grades, total ditz.
- Back on topic, I can't help but like this strip because it does seem EXACTLY like something that would happen..
- Except for the fact that an impromptu speech and the surrounding circumstances are total bullshit.
- Oh. And demonic duckie. Whee.
Sketchbook Strip 090802
Just wanted to point out one thing. See what Ellen says in that strip? Yeah, that's pretty much her characterization after this arc. Makes total sense, right?
- Heheh, Hedge looks like Jeremy...
- Also...what's Elliot doing. He was Tedd's height before. Is he sitting? Kneeling? The hell?
- So...Tedd must be tired at the least. Right?
- Also, this whole turn Elliot into a cat thing has been deemed COMPLETELY POINTLESS!
- Oh contrived coincidences. You.
- I am sure Shive thinks that he's veeery clever, of course, the fact that maybe he should be subtle about this is completely lost on him. His whole life just seems to be one giant HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I CAN DO SEE WHAT I DID LOOK WHAT I JUST DID THERE!
Just a quickie update.
TV Tropes by
TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
20th Feb 11
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from email@example.com.