Fusionman: Horray for foreshadowing!
- Okay, first of all, I am confused. Is the little half-circle beneath Tedd's glasses suppossed to be his mouth or his nose? If it's his mouth, why does it never open, and if it's his nose, then how does he speak?
- I disagree with AHR in that I like the coloring more than the B&W. At the same time though, SOLID COLORS DO NOT COUNT AS BACKGROUNDS.
- Also let it be known that the second to last panel went out of its way to explain the joke. For Christ's sake, Shive. Even Not Another Teen Movie didn't explain their glasses joke.
- Enough. Peter Molyneux made a game that you enjoyed. Move on.
- When did Grace become interested in video games? It seemed as though Black And White was the first one she played.
- When did Grace make the character switch from being seriously worried about her safety to an anime girl?
- You know, this is actually really cool, because I had just been thinking to myself as I clicked on this strip that El Goonish Shive was an awesome webcomic, but I felt like it could use more jokes that revolve around Tedd being interested in sexual activity, and WHAM! Just like that, Shive reads my mind!
- I was curious to understand what book Grace was reading. According to Amazon, this◊ is the strategy guide to Black and White. And it is clearly not the book Grace is reading. Grace appears to be reading either an old hardcover book with no cover picture, or a text book with a book sock.
- AHR, might I suggest that you take out the word "yet" from your foreshadowing line above.
- Once again those friggin smug title cards are back. You can only pretend that you knowing something we don't is important if we give a damn about it in the first place.
- Man, that last sentence I just typed was long-winded.
- Speaking of Long winded, when the fuck are we going to find out who Grace is, besides the sister of a Gargoyle silhouette?
- A_H_R, I will rape you if you bring up anything relating to Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged series again. Let's deal with one bad series at a time. bringitupgain bringitupagain bringitupagain bringitupagain bringitupagain bringitupagain
- I agree with you, AHR. Only fatsos weigh anything more than 160 pounds.
- I spent five minutes laughing at Grace's eyes in the last panel. Seriously- use your fingers to cover the screen above and below her eyes. It makes her look like Garfield in those old 4chan comics◊
- It's not Dude Where's my Car references you need to worry about, Dan. I actually don't even recall the first one. It's Clerks that you need to stay away from. In fact, let go of Clerks, and you can reference Dude Where's My Car all you want. Let us keep the good comedies.
- Grace's line in the second panel strikes me as... Conceited. Oh well. At least this arc seems so far to be only boring, and not ass-pullingly contrived and convoluted!
Cakman: I suppose I will actually lump this strip and the next together content-wise, so art first:
- What the eff is up with Grace's profile in the last panel? She looks like Droopy Dog.
- Okay, allow me, for a minute, to pause, so that I might explain why I made the earlier joke about this arc not being convoluted. I feel that a paragraph form better expresses my disdain for this particular sequence.
- You know, South Park did a simaler gag to this when they reenacted Great Expectations, by having Malcom Mcdowell play the narrator, introducing himself as "Hello. I am a British Man." Notice he didn't say "stereotypical British man," because the joke IS that he is stereotypical, and it leaves the audience to figure that out on their own.
- And it's a good thing that we have this segment. We certainly wouldn't want anything interesting to happen, right?
- LOL WHAT DOES ROLLERBLADING HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING THAT'S SO RANDUM xD
- The world is dead to me.
- Dan Shive has the comedic abilities of Leukemia.
- This woman is the feminist equivalent of Amos and Andy.
- "You told me it was soda" adds nothing to the strip. Why add it? It's not a punch line. It's not a joke. It's just an afterthought following the actual punchline delivered by the doctor.
- Smug title cards return, and I grit my teeth down another millimeter.
- All of my life is blackness. Sometimes, I hold a knife to my wrists, pushing harder and harder, just watching to see how much I can take. I can't feel anything anymore. Even the pain, which used to be the only emotion that seemed to seperate me from a robot, no longer exists for me. A dull, emotionless throb of gray permeates my very existance.
- Actually, the joke is delivered well here.
- And the title card calls attention to the joke. You know. In case you didn't fucking read it.
- HEY GUYS. TEDD HAS A PENIS. WERE YOU AWARE?
- From now on, whenever a joke involving Ted being a pervert is made, I will post a link to El Goonish Shive porn,◊ as I find it to be quite hilarious. Oh God, Grace's face in that picture. If I run out of picture, God damn it, I'll make my own.
- LOLOLOL Shive, that's silly, you shouldn't make bad words when playing scrabble.
- Ted makes a great point here. What if him and Elliot were masturbating together while looking at porn like John and I did that one time?
- Way to spoil an awesome plot twist, A_H_R. I would pothole to sarcasm mode, but my sarcasm is so heavy in that sentence that I do not believe the internet could sustain it.
- Also, what kind of asshole is Tedd's father that he let Sarah leave with Grace knowing full well what might happen?
- THIS IS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, HANDS-DOWN, THE WORST FUCKING WAY YOU COULD POSSIBLY DEAL WITH A BACKSTORY. Rather than letting us learn the information over time, Shive decides to fucking textwall us in a single strip. And you know what? Fuck him. I'm not reading this. Grace has magic powers and spookables are out to get her. That's all I need to know, and I figured that out just by guessing, as it's the same god damn storyline used to make it deaden any female's strength as an independent character. Jesus. Moving on.
- The character in the first panel looks like he'd be interesting. Let's have a webcomic about HIM.
AHR: Oh, Cakman, I was not referring to Little Kuriboh's Abridged Series. I am referring to the abridged series made of the separate Yu Gi Oh series, called 'Season Zero' by most fans.
AHR: Well, I'm glad you feel so keen to be raped, A_H_R. Eager Beavers, no pun intended, are always appreciated
Gilphon: Good lord, some of those are terrible. That is an absolutely awful Wall Of Text on the exposition page. I'm really glad that the Painted Black arc, which is where I've always thought things started getting good, ends up going over it in proper detail, actually coming close to Ret Conning parts of it, and IIRC, it's not particularly important until then. How the hell did I suffer through that page the first time? I mean, Shive still isn't great at working in exposition organically, but geez.
Pretty darn late here, but in strip 53, 'Alright' is a perfectly legitimate way to spell that word. Hey Cakman, where'd you find that picture? Got any more like it?
- Wait...Elliot knows Sarah is interested in him?
- Cakman: I'm pretty sure she always was an anime girl.
- I guess there really is someone for everyone.
- Wait...Shive can mention the game "Black and White" by name, but he had to use an expy for Roger Ebert?
- Lampshading overused jokes makes me think of a line from a Nostalgia Critic video: "If you say you're doing something painful and stupid, it's immediately no longer painful and stupid."
- I'm with the mugger. Pretty sure John mentioned this in the Book of Revelation.
- I got nothin'.
- I guess threatening a woman with a knife isn't offensive?
- I thought it was funny.
- Hey Shive, I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to tell us what the hell Sarah is talking about...alright fine, stop crying. I wasn't that interested anyway.
- Sorry, but I don't remember the last time I saw it spelled "all right".
- A cat? Not exactly the most tragic fate in a transformation comic. At least she got better.
- To quote Jake from Adventure Time, "Drama bomb!"
- Normally I don't comment on the art, but this color scheme and font size literally hurts my eyes. Thank goodness for the zoom function.
- I know when I think "deadly assassin", I think guinea pig.
- Oh my god the webcomic is turning into Jack! *gasps* Oh, just a dream.