Back. Still feeling rather blargish (not to mention continually paranoid), but I figured that I should at least finish the 4 I had been planning on doing the other day.
: You know, I had a dream about the EGS art, where suddenly it got loads better in one strip. It wasn't a knock on Shive or anything, just me simplifying the art evolution, trying to find one defining moment.
- Look at those hands. Dear god I will never get tired at getting appalled at them.
- At least Shive is equal opportunity when it comes to dress people in bland identical clothing.
- I cannot wait for him to get decent speech bubbles. The one for the cat is just messily done.
- The last two panels show that Shive pretty much has one face he is working with. This will of course lead to a certain amount of genericness along the line.
- And here we see that Elliot is a total dickweed! Wheeee!
- In all seriousness, this is once again stretching a joke wayyyy too much. Can't we have ONE joke with Tedd in it that is something different? This rehashing is getting quite annoying.
- Dammit Shive! You were drawing teeth! They were looking adequate!. Why are you moving backwards?
- Tedd's profile looks...not human. He looks like some sort of anteater aardvark...thing. Point is, he looks more furry than Grace is.
- I love the computer. It looks exactly like a computer should be, but almost no computer really looks like anymore. Well, this WAS in 2002, so I'll cut him slack.
- GIMME AN F!
- GIMME AN I!
- GIMME AN L! L!
- GIMME AN ER!
- GIMME AN H TO THE ELL!
- WHAT'S THAT SPELL?
- FILLER HELL!
- Actually, I like the comics with video game references in them. It gives me a chance to mock Cakman with the Not So Different traits they have.
- Second panel, 1/2 view head but 3/4ths view body is not entirely unrealistic, but certainly weirdly drawn here.
- Look at Elliot in that last panel. He looks rather special there, don't he?
- And Tedd has abnormally short arms as well, it seems.
- See that second panel joke? THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE A JOKE SHIVE! Not explained, not elaborated, just given and GONE. THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE A JOKE SHIVE.
- Oh wait, no, he ruins it with the title -_-
- Also, why can't ELLIOT do it? I like to think that Tedd just doesn't want Grace to fall in love with Elliot and thus should not spend any time with him at all.
- Or better yet, isn't this the type of thing Mr. Verres would do?
- Didn't they have catalogs back in 2002? Online shopping, maybe? More importantly, don't you thin a secret gov't agent would have access to that sort of thing?
- I think Shive cheated and drew a four finger hand for Elliot there.
- Nothing really else to say, it's a bit sketchy some places, but mostly par for course.
- Shive, stop doing the three panels and start doing at least five. This one is so friggin cluttered.
- Oh wait, that's an art critique ain't it?
- So, we get a Noodle Incident. The problem is, it's kinda crammed in there. It's not entirely a joke though, it's more of a plot point. It should have been given more space.
- WHY DO YOU NEED SARAH? YOU HAVE A FEMALE COUSIN TEDD IF YOU WANT TO BE SO SEXISTLY INCLINED! YOU ALSO HAVE ELLIOT! YOU HAVE AN ERFIN TRANSFORMATION GUN! DO NOT TELL ME YOU CAN'T USE THAT!
- —head tilt— Last panel, I dun geddit. It's weird she's wearing glasses and a berret (sp?), I suppose, but that doesn't make her not normal. It's just...unexplained. Bad formatting. Is it because she was ego'd up by Elliot? Merph.