Ready Set Go
After discovering their stuff on The Escapist Magazine
I have become obsessed with the sketch-comedy group known as LoadingReadyRun
. For those who have cared or noticed my existence I've recently been pimping their links out and they're all I seem to be watching on the net recently so I figured I may as well do something interesting, so then I thought "I haven't gotten into this live-blog thingy yet. So why not?"
No particular time table or format but I will be doing videos in chronological order form their weekly LRR set in this section here
Their Main website is here
I'm actually surprised at how long these guys have been going on and I've heard so little about them. The size of the net, I suppose.
These are the names and faces to remember
Another lovely note, these guys are Canadian (eh?) Which gives me a chance to take a nice long glance at what Canadians of the geeky kind find to be humorous. So without further ado, let's watch!
Ready Set Go:
- One of my favorite episodes.
- It's like a Troper's dream. I think if TV Tropes had one of many TV series or movies, one or quite a few of them would be exactly like this documentary, a scarily meta and entirely self-referential thing that exists on an endless loop of analyzing itself and it's pieces as it occurs.
- It's well done for one of their beginning and more amateur-ish vids. Film quality is pretty poor but this is 2004 here.
- Paul has a really nice beard.
- You can just tell Graham is the main guy.
- This video makes me feel weird in it's uncanny-ness.
- I prefer the modern and faster version of their intro, it sands smoother. This one just makes it so obvious it's ancient.
- By internet standards, ancient by internet standards.
- I mean this internet place moves fast, 2004 is like a lifetime ago, man.
- One can probably interpret this as slightly boring or perhaps merely chuckle worthy.
Who Watches Movies?
- And for today's episode we test special effects, this must've been new-fangled back in 2004.
- Especially for a an amateur home thing.
- Reversed logic and reason huh? Which means George Bush saves our economy and he's a prick while Dick Cheney is no longer a dick.
- The Nickelback joke was pretty funny.
- Reversed logic and reason, eh? Which means the genetelia is reversed? Eww...?
- Wait, that means, M Preg works in the mirror universe! Gah!
- So women have penises and still have breasts and look feminine. Fascinating, it's a shame this universe is not explored further.
- That glowing light means he got out, since obviously their tech wasn't good enough in 2004 for something more interesting
- Not sure how'd it'd be pulled off anyway.
- Funny? Only in a "Fascinating" way than a "Ha-ha" sort of way.
Door to Door
- Apparently bearded people with strangely cool voices.
- You paid good money to watch Battlefield Earth? You poor poor soul.
- Nice use of irony but it just gives me a mental smile.
- Make me laugh, Loading Ready Runners! You're Comedians!
- Things'll spice up when Morgan comes in, I'm sure of it.
- Ever notice the size of Paul's eyebrows?
- MORGAN! Yeay! Now things'll get fun!
- Satan? Sorry, I'm more of a Beelzebub person myself.
- Morgan is surprisingly accepting of Satanists...
- Notice Graham turning up the heat.
- It's not important
- Seriously, don't expect any Chekhovs, it's pointless.
- Wow, these Satanist guys are well rehearsed, could give the Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses a run for their money.
- Kukuku, Book of Stan, obviously these guys are poorly funded if they don't have editors on board to notice they just published a religious text dedicated to This guy
- Actually I could totally go for Stan Lee-ism.
- Irate with power? The heck those that mean?
- Huh, I didn't know Vatican was holy book.
- Hot nuns? WHOOOO!
- How do you consume doom?
- MORGAN used LOGIC
- It's SUPER EFFECTIVE
- SATANISTS used THE POPE-MOBILE
- But Nothing Happened.
- SATANISTS are now CONFUSED
- They in-fight in their confusion.
- The East Orthodox don't like socks? THE MONSTERS!
- Note to to self: Don't do macrame.
- SATANISTS LEFT
- MORGAN won.
- MORGAN kept his MORTAL SOUL for winning.
- This video is ADEQUATELY FUNNY.