We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Here is the text of the greeting:
Hello, [[troper]], and welcome to the Visual Novels subforum. This is a relatively small and relaxed community, so feel free to jump right in. However, there are just a few things to keep in mind.
- Be sure to read the forum rules here. As a small community, things are usually kept civil quite easily, but keep in mind the primary rule for the site: Donít be a dick.
- Explicitly NSFW images and links should not be posted, and repeatedly breaking this rule is grounds for banning. Though visual novels frequently contain sexual content and themes, this forum is not interested in the role of titillation inherent in the medium.
- Related to the above, the current Content Policy forbids the creation of articles on subjects deemed to be primarily pornographic or catering to pedophilia, which under site rules includes the inclusion of drawn characters that are visually underage used for the purpose of arousal. As such, the Visual Novel forum is not interested in hosting discussion of works that contain such content, nor are threads about banned works permissible.
- Apart from pornographic content, links to illegal or pirated material are forbidden. Sites dealing with translation projects or freeware Visual Novels are acceptable, but information or links to download other works are forbidden.
- General talk such as news about translation, recent releases or general thoughts should go in the thread marked as such. If we already have a thread on it, please use the old thread for any thoughts or opinions on the work in question.
- We also have general threads for certain visual novel companies such as Type-Moon, Key and 07th_expansion. If you have thoughts regarding visual novels from these groups we would prefer you take any discussion to these areas instead.
Finally, if you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me your concerns or comments and I will do my best to answer whatever questions you may have.
With that, welcome to our community! Please enjoy your stay here.