Archived Discussion

This is discussion archived from a time before the current discussion method was installed.

This should probably be called a Dolly Zoom, since moving the camera on the in/out axis is called a dolly. Track refers specifically to the movement across the frame left/right. The technical separations are not really important anymore, and are of interest only to those of us who took screenwriting from pedantic technical sticklers. (I'm looking at you, Professor Vincent) - Bluetooth The Pirate

That Other Wiki files this as Dolly zoom, but has a whole bunch of other names for it. - rebeghtar

This technique is used almost in every episode of Top Gear starting, um, from season 4 I guess. Makes even a Golf look sinister. - MJ