Follow TV Tropes
Do you think the Shout-Out list is long enough for its own page?
Maybe, but a lot of the entries strike me as questionable.
They seem like coincidental similarities.
They seem intentional to me, at least the ones I recognize. Which ones seem coincidental?
"Technologic!", for example.
Technologic is a Daft Punk song.
The splash text examples are almost entirely without context, and do seem to be largely coincidental.
Like... "Joel is neat" is a Deadmau5 reference? Imma need word of god on that one.
You're right, I guess. For reference, here are the ones that are definitely intentional:
1) "Not on Steam!" Steam is well-known for hosting many video games, and not Minecraft, so it's a reference.
2) "That's no moon!" Well-known as a Star Wars line.
3) "Peter Griffin!" Peter Griffin is a well-known character from Family Guy.
4) "Less addictive than TV Tropes!" Well, yeah.
5) "Try X!" Those games are pretty well-known, and used in very few, if any, other contexts.
6) "Lives in a pineapple under the sea!" That phrase is well-known about Spongebob.
7) The paintings: They're identical to the originals, so they're references.
8) "The Lie"- it's a reference to Portal. If you change the game's language to Pirate, it says "Pirates don't get Portal references".
9) "Adventuring Time"- Adventure Time is well known, and it's very similar.
10) The Enderman/Slenderman- Confirmed by Word of God, as stated.
11) The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog- That name has only been used in Monty Python, so it's a reference.
Community Showcase More
How well does it match the trope?