Follow TV Tropes
"Sure, sure. As long as I get paid, it makes no difference to me."
- Jimmy Yee
What gave you the impression I was ladylike?
"The χ-blade is complete. Kingdom Hearts! I call upon your true form. Open now and show me the World to come."
"I'm a little black rain cloud, of course."
— Winnie the Pooh
"When you love somebody, it's kind of hard to stop just because you ought to."
- Captain Jacob Brown
"Are you kidding me? I'm blind!"
" ... I don't!"
- Dory, when Marlin asks her how she knows that something bad isn't going to happen
"If change is inevitable, predictable, beneficial ... Doesn't logic demand that you be a part of it?"
- Captain James T. Kirk
"I would never tell you or anyone else to give up hope."
- Captain Kathryn Janeway
"There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle. It's just a matter of finding it."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
" ... and the only way to face it ... is to stand your ground."
- Captain Benjamin Sisko
Whoa, one at a time, fella!
"Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say... Good luck."
"YES!!! James May, ladies and gentlemen, is about to be shot!"
— Jeremy Clarkson
Edited by hanwen1234 on May 21st 2020 at 12:37:48 AM
"By the way, it seems to me perfectly clear that you WERE on a break."
- The passenger on the airplane (played by Hugh Laurie) to Rachel (Friends - The One With Ross's Wedding)
" No.. that would be your MOTHER! "
Blue Spy, TF2
I didn't see that in the rules, but okay, fine, if that's how it's supposed to go. Sorry.
"Hello? Who am I talking to now? ... Supervisor Kingsley. Yes, well, perhaps you can help me. There's no power in the Governor's Mansion ... That's not funny, turkey!"
- Benson DuBois, on the phone with the power company about the lack of electricity in the Governor's Mansion
"I used to wonder what it would be like to have children. Now, I'm trying to imagine my world without them!"
- Elly Patterson, gazing fondly at a picture of her three children
"My oven can cook ANYTHING my oven can cook... bits of oven!"
- Bernard Black
Edited by FracturedImages on May 20th 2020 at 11:12:36 PM
"The picture doesn't tell me anything! It may as well be a photograph of your arse!"
Edited by dave_the_assassin on May 21st 2020 at 5:51:41 PM
"I own this planet. I rule it as surely as any king ever ruled his domain back on Earth. Now, I gave an order, and those three people disobeyed it. If I let them get away with it, I won't even rule this bar room next year."
- The Iceman, Mike Resnick's "Soothsayer"
"You can pulp a story ... but you cannot destroy an idea."
- Benny Russell to Douglas Pabst, regarding the censorship of Russell's science fiction story about a space station with a black captain (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - "Far Beyond The Stars")
"What are you doing, man?! YOU IDIOT! YOU STUPID, LONG-HAIRED IDIOT!"
"Congratulations! It's marvellous that you're now important enough to warrant a really vigorous attempt at your demise. You're pulling ahead of me – I've only had a couple of quite half-hearted poisonings."
"Oh, no, don't you worry about me falling asleep ... I still have your letter!"
- Ross to Rachel as they are breaking up (again), when she mockingly says that he's going to lose a lot of sleep wishing he was with her
"Yo, Ed m'boy! Is it true you brought a pretty blonde girl into your room to service you?"
Community Showcase More
How well does it match the trope?