Follow TV Tropes

Following

Enter The Arena As Your Avatar V6: This Time, It's Personal

Go To

anza_sb going in here was a mistake from nowhere Relationship Status: I only want you gone
going in here was a mistake
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:35:37 PM

Party tried to dodge Doomguy's rocket, but he's not fast enough. Doomguy's rocket hit Party's sack full of fireworks, and—

BOOM!!!

A large colorful blast expands throughout the arena, cracking buildings and damaging anything within a 15 meter (50 feet) radius. In the wake of the explosion, some items are left nearby...

Item drop!

  • Takoyaki x 8 (Consumable)
  • Party Hat x 1 (Armor — Adds +1 Defense)

So yeah, Party's dead. I'll nominate a new avatar soon

[down]"Bottompaged"?

edited 20th Dec '16 7:46:40 PM by anza_sb

tumut
Skiller2 The Sunís Firstborn from The Bay Area Relationship Status: Abstaining
The Sunís Firstborn
SymeSynth The Operator from the Nothingness (still lonely) Relationship Status: In another castle
The Operator
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:40:04 PM

The newcomer's scan finished, he decides to prioritize the ones who might prove to be the most dangerous... Doomguy and Iron Man.

"Activating laser blasters."

A machine gun(?) made of Hard Light forms beside the figure, before opening fire at his main targets, extremely hot blasts of light wheezing through the air at incredible speed.

"Activating Minor Barrier."

A transparent dome appears around the man, who continues to evaluate the situation as he looks at the holographic screens in front of him.

A Minor Barrier can be destroyed by three rockets.

edited 20th Dec '16 7:41:37 PM by SymeSynth

GM of the Arena Spinoff thread and server owner of its Discord chat.
ArmoredFury Terror from the Deep from a descent to misery
Terror from the Deep
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:41:11 PM

-With Iron Man out of the way, Doomguy is left to take the full brunt of Mog's spell. The bolts further damages his armor and even stun him for a bit-

-Recovering, the marine tosses a grenade down the balcony - and behind himself, using the blast to increase his jumping momentum and dodge most of light bullets. Those that hit lodges themselves on his legs, though the marine seems to be hardly bothered by the damage-

edited 20th Dec '16 7:42:21 PM by ArmoredFury

Armored Fury's resolve is tested...
Skiller2 The Sunís Firstborn from The Bay Area Relationship Status: Abstaining
The Sunís Firstborn
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:45:00 PM

[up][up][up][up]When there's high activity, the posts on the bottom of a page might be accidentally overlooked.

Glaz takes aim at the figure on top of the building, and watches what he is doing.

edited 20th Dec '16 7:45:55 PM by Skiller2

BlackMageAnolis Ezekiel Riles from about three miles away from you. Relationship Status: Dancing with myself
Ezekiel Riles
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:47:59 PM

Mog isn't much placated or calmed by the person he was purportedly trying to help either, taking out his Mythril Spear. Flapping his rather minuscule wings, he jumps into the air with an excited "Yipee!"

anza_sb going in here was a mistake from nowhere Relationship Status: I only want you gone
going in here was a mistake
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:48:06 PM

[up][up] Oh, okay. Thanks.

edited 20th Dec '16 7:48:47 PM by anza_sb

tumut
ZeroL *Vague plotting intensifies* from a dimension with 700 too many of me Relationship Status: [TOP SECRET]
*Vague plotting intensifies*
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:49:08 PM

Iron Man gets peppered with bullets. He doesn't really notice until one hits his chest section, at which point he suddenly starts feeling really awful. He touches a button on a little holographic screen on his wrist, the rockets into an alley. A crate with rocket boosters soars down from a nearby skyscraper, which conspicuously has the Stark logo on it, although it's not the main building.

My new plan is so secret that even I cannot understand its full scope!
SymeSynth The Operator from the Nothingness (still lonely) Relationship Status: In another castle
The Operator
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:53:26 PM

Alert. Aleriol Amurr, there is a figure aiming at you.

"Disregard that. The minor barrier can take a good amount of shots."

The newcomer (Aleriol Amurr seems to be his name) keeps close tabs on the other fighters, though he taps a few keys at one of the holographic screens.

The laser blaster freezes... and then focuses entirely on Doomguy, firing at him rapidly.

GM of the Arena Spinoff thread and server owner of its Discord chat.
ArmoredFury Terror from the Deep from a descent to misery
Terror from the Deep
Dec 20th 2016 at 7:57:00 PM

-Still in the air, the marine switches back into his shot gun and fires a shell at the Moogle-

-Once he's on the ground, he makes a beeline at Aleriol's building, weaving through his laser shots (though a couple still hits him, one even breaks his faceplate) as he fires a salvo of rockets back-

Armored Fury's resolve is tested...
BlackMageAnolis Ezekiel Riles from about three miles away from you. Relationship Status: Dancing with myself
Ezekiel Riles
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:00:01 PM

Mog was preparing to throw his spear at the Doomguy, but the shotgun pellets rudely interrupts him! He cries out in pain, and he and his spear fall to the ground. Shaking, he props himself up on his shield and reaches into his bag...he's getting his arm pretty deep into there...

ZeroL *Vague plotting intensifies* from a dimension with 700 too many of me Relationship Status: [TOP SECRET]
*Vague plotting intensifies*
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:01:13 PM

The box opens, and a mechanical arm removes Tony's fractured chest plate and replaces it with an older one.

"Ow... But I can still fight. It just hurts now. To breathe."

He rockets up at the Moogle, both fists extended for a double punch(shield on his back)recognizing unfamiliar magic as the most dangerous thing to a Science Hero.

edited 20th Dec '16 8:01:37 PM by ZeroL

My new plan is so secret that even I cannot understand its full scope!
Skiller2 The Sunís Firstborn from The Bay Area Relationship Status: Abstaining
The Sunís Firstborn
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:02:48 PM

Glaz moves his gun down slightly, focusing on the laser turret. He flips a armchair near him and takes cover, just in case, and fires one 7.62 round at the turret.

The bullet breaks the window, and the gunshot is audible to the other fighters. His rifle has a flash hider affixed to the barrel, hiding his location from the others.

edited 20th Dec '16 8:06:01 PM by Skiller2

SymeSynth The Operator from the Nothingness (still lonely) Relationship Status: In another castle
The Operator
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:04:15 PM

Aleriol soon gets another alert when Doomguy nears him, and he quickly runs away from the dome as it gets hit with the rockets, shattering it into a million pieces.

The laser blaster gets hit by the bullet... however, it's still firing albeit with a slower rate of fire, and from the smirk on Aleriol's face, it's not the only thing he can create.

"Activate Antimatter Blaster."

Behind the white-haired man, light begins to gather, forming into some kind of stationary rocket launcher, while his left arm shifts, before turning into some kind of very long, tentacle-like appendage.

Antimatter Blaster forms after two turns.

edited 20th Dec '16 8:05:10 PM by SymeSynth

GM of the Arena Spinoff thread and server owner of its Discord chat.
ArmoredFury Terror from the Deep from a descent to misery
Terror from the Deep
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:07:50 PM

-Reloading his rocket launcher, Doomguy bolts straight into the building-

-A few moments later, Aleroi might notice some shaking originating from the lower floors-

Armored Fury's resolve is tested...
BlackMageAnolis Ezekiel Riles from about three miles away from you. Relationship Status: Dancing with myself
Ezekiel Riles
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:08:51 PM

Seeing Iron Man approach, Mog decides the logical thing to do, especially since he's badly hurt and in need of a potion he was just about to retrieve, would be to crawl into his bag. He succeeds with getting about half his body into the bag before Iron Man's fist smacks headlong into his side, sending him rolling along the ground, sans shield.

Once he finally comes to a stand-still, Mog pulls the rest of himself into the bag, just barely holding on now that's he's got a huge pain in his side...maybe a fractured hip, that's always fun. Then he realizes something. "Oh, bother." Yea, inside of a bag's pretty dark. He fumbles around for something that's glossy surface-wise and sounds like it's holding some form of liquid.

Skiller2 The Sunís Firstborn from The Bay Area Relationship Status: Abstaining
The Sunís Firstborn
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:11:49 PM

Glaz aims at one of Aleriol's legs and fires again. He then starts flipping over a bunch more furniture, taking cover behind a wooden table. He hopes that this will confuse his opponent.

ZeroL *Vague plotting intensifies* from a dimension with 700 too many of me Relationship Status: [TOP SECRET]
*Vague plotting intensifies*
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:13:16 PM

Tony sees the moogle go into the bag, and decides to just let it be; it was trying to escape, anyway. Then, he sees the rest fighting, but can't see the sniper easily. He starts to scan closely for life signs...

My new plan is so secret that even I cannot understand its full scope!
BlackMageAnolis Ezekiel Riles from about three miles away from you. Relationship Status: Dancing with myself
Ezekiel Riles
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:20:19 PM

Crawling deeper into the bag, he brushes up against a glass something, faintly hearing the audible shifting of liquid inside. Fumbling around, he finds the bottle and grabs it, popping the top and pouring its contents over his wounds. Sitting up and breathing deeply, a wave of pain comes over him as the pellets are forced out of their wounds.

His heart flutters with excitement. He must be in way over his head to want to go back out there. The pain of his injuries are still there, and there is the matter of his hip, which he'll need some sort of medical analysis on later.

Slowly, he crawls out just enough to where the tip of his nose is just out of the bag, and he surveys the surrounding area.

SymeSynth The Operator from the Nothingness (still lonely) Relationship Status: In another castle
The Operator
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:23:48 PM

Aleriol notes this, and, realising that Doomguy will probably make the building collapse, pulls up another holographic screen, before tapping something.

After a few moments, a platform with a dome appears underneath the forming Antimatter Blaster, and it takes off into the hair, following the white-haired man, who leaps to the rooftop of another building, ending up dodging the shot aimed at his leg in the process. Realising that the battle is a bigger challenge than he had planned, he decides to make the battle harder for the others.

"Interface commands with thoughts."

Interestingly enough, Iron Man's scan won't register Aleriol as a living entity.

edited 20th Dec '16 8:27:00 PM by SymeSynth

GM of the Arena Spinoff thread and server owner of its Discord chat.
ArmoredFury Terror from the Deep from a descent to misery
Terror from the Deep
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:31:15 PM

-Aleriol is not quite correct. An explosion tears a hole in the roof, just beneath the antimatter blaster's previous position, which is quickly filled up with numerous plasma bolts. The doomguy had blown holes through the floors in order to mount a surprise barrage from beneath-

-Realizing his target had moved elsewhere, Doomguy quickly makes his way into the rooftop through the hole he made. Note that he's currently wielding a pair of plasma rifles-

-With Aleriol in sights, the marine open fires with both guns at the same time, intentionally spraying his shots everywhere to make it harder to dodge-

edited 20th Dec '16 8:33:00 PM by ArmoredFury

Armored Fury's resolve is tested...
Skiller2 The Sunís Firstborn from The Bay Area Relationship Status: Abstaining
The Sunís Firstborn
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:32:31 PM

Glaz fires again, this time at Aleriol's arm. It appears he's trying to be non-lethal, at least the most non-lethal you can do with a rifle.

SymeSynth The Operator from the Nothingness (still lonely) Relationship Status: In another castle
The Operator
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:35:34 PM

Aleriol simply teleports himself and the forming Antimatter Blaster away.

RL. I need to go for now.

GM of the Arena Spinoff thread and server owner of its Discord chat.
BlackMageAnolis Ezekiel Riles from about three miles away from you. Relationship Status: Dancing with myself
Ezekiel Riles
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:41:46 PM

Pulling himself out of his bag, he notices his shield is currently a good fifty feet away from him. "Oh, boy..." He limps over towards his shield, all the while preparing to cast a spell. "FIRA!" A large pillar of flame bursts from underneath Doomguy.

ArmoredFury Terror from the Deep from a descent to misery
Terror from the Deep
Dec 20th 2016 at 8:50:17 PM

-Bewildered by his opponent's sudden disappearance, Doomguy doesn't notice the imminent pillar of flame beneath him. The spell completely destroys his armor, and the man himself isn't exactly in top condition either-

-The marine looks around to find who casted the spell, before realizing that Mog did hit him with a spell before-

-Enraged, Doomguy leaps off the rooftop and switches to a minigun, firing a storm of bullets at the moogle's general direction-

Armored Fury's resolve is tested...

Total posts: 2,171
Top

Example of:

/

Feedback