Follow TV Tropes
"Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past."
"Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness - creatures of destruction; the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void."
"However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named Dust."
"Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life."
"But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die, and when they are gone... darkness will return."
"So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called 'free world', but take heed... there will be no victory in strength."
Welcome to Beacon! Each and everyone of you has the potential to become a Huntsman or Huntress, guardians of peace and order in our world of Remnant.
Unfortunately, without the proper knowledge and training, that potential is wasted. That's where we come in. Here in Beacon, we will train and hone your potential, until you are the best Hunter you can be.
But be forewarned, this is not a regular combat school. You can, and will die if you don to take this seriously.
With that said, let the school year begin!
- ''Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy.'
Welcome to the Beacon Next restructuring. The original RP was a hot mess, and so we've decided to streamline. We're downsizing and rearranging the teams. If you wish to keep your teams as is, please talk among yourselves.
Everything in the first thread is still canon. The G Ms of this RP are myself and Stormer.
And the cowardly bird girl is back with a weapon upgrade.
edited 30th Sep '15 10:09:15 PM by TheHailStormer
edited 17th Mar '17 2:44:13 PM by Taco
• Name: Selene Violet
• Gender: Female
• Age: 17
• Birthday: Crystallum 30th
• Race: Cat Faunus
• Parents: Remus Cerulean (Violet), Chelsea Violet
• Appearance: http://imgur.com/SIR08Hc Selene in one of her combat outfits. Color wise, her hair is of a cerulean shade and her eyes are violet.
• Weapons and Equipment: Moonlit Overture: A Violet weapon special, MO are a pair of weapon’s worn on the forearms that each have a blade of about 3 feet length and 6 inches wide and extend out from the elbow. These blades can then turn 180° running forward along the huntresses’ arms for her to slash away with them. The blades themselves can be split down the middle, allowing double barreled shotguns to extend in the middle. When in non combat form, the blades fold in on themselves, making it far less cumbersome. Some special features of the weapon include the option of detatching the blades and using them as regular swords or connecting them to make a high mobility hoverboard. The final special feature is a special ability to work with Selene’s
semblance: When she focuses her aura into her arms using the semblance, she can put the aura into MO causing the blades to sprout teeth and become chainsaw blades. Due to working with her semblance though, it has a limited amount of time that it can be used, but that time is slightly longer that it would be if she was just enhancing her arm’s strength.
• Semblance: Titan's Strength: Selene draws her aura into her muscles, giving her an incredible amount of physical strength varying depending on how much aura she drew into her body. However, she has to then discharge the aura, otherwise it will damage her muscles. She does however use this to her advantage by using the discharge of aura as an attack.
• Personality: Selene is the last person you’d expect to have been born into a noble family from her personality. She is friendly and cheerful, though not without a mischievous streak. She is also an adrenaline junkie, deeply enjoying the feeling of combat, competition, or just seeing what idiotic stunts she can pull on her hoverboard. She does deeply love her family, and is very protective of her twin sister, though she knows Diana is far from helpless herself. However, she possesses a deep inferiority complex, obsessed with proving herself “worthy” in a family of Noble position as well as a family of renowned Hunters and Huntresses.
• Bio: Selene is one of the twin daughters born to Lady Chelsea Violet and her husband, Remus. Raised in a noble family, she is somewhat well versed in the politics of Vale’s nobility… Not that she cares much for it. Selene grew up an extremely active and reckless child, always looking forward to the day she could attend Beacon. As a side note, she is a rather talented singer, though she is unexpectedly shy about showing this talent outside of her immediate family. She is also well versed in the situation of racial equality, being born a faunus and a member of a Noble family well known for its efforts towards Human-Faunus coexistence.
edited 7th May '17 5:01:27 AM by Eachiunn
And here is Dia =)
Throughout her life, many kidnappings had broke her. No longer was she the happy girl she used to be, but a rather cold natured teenager who chose to hide her feelings and trauma. Furthermore, it made her rather prideful and bossy- in reality, she wants to hide the feeling of weakness/helplessness that she had. However, these incidents also inspired Dia to become a Hunter- to protect herself, as well as to protect others from suffering her fate.
After learning about what the hunters could do, as well as their awesome weapons, Dia got her parents' consent and money to get parts for her weapon made and to hire a Hunter to train her in private. Under his special training, she learned how to use her Semblance for combat purposes- the very same Semblance that got her kidnapped would now be used to protect her.
A few years later, Dia enrolled in Beacon Academy, a few years after her family moved from Atlas to Vale. To learn how to be a Hunter, to move out of her sheltered world, and to find friends/partners who can protect her.
Edited by ironcommando on Aug 18th 2018 at 1:43:16 AM
edited 30th Sep '15 10:15:30 PM by Imca
One day, Zhi sprung the question on Mau. "Can I be a hunter?" Granted, this was probably something he should have seem coming. So off to Beacon he went, to wreck as many things as he could possibly wreck. And make friends and learn about the world too, but really more as a secondary goal.
The Genki Brawler is back!
I'm coming back. Call me when Gyro wakes up so we can sort out whether to retcon out Ullioc or whatever.
edited 29th Aug '16 8:52:58 PM by Insano
Everyone: Fuck it, accepted. Also, Stormer, please stop adding random crap on the sign-up sheet? PLEASE.
Current: 10/16 (20).
Will Edit Later:
Now, for the GMPC.
edited 30th Sep '15 10:52:43 PM by GrimHelm
As for the other half of his semblance, while Croire still needs to be in an unfavorable situation, it synergies well with the aforementioned half of his semblance and the overflow of Aura. Creating blade out of his Soul/Aura and either wielding them in his hands, throwing them or slightly controlling them as if they were an extension of his body, James becomes a whirlwind of shining light and steel.
edited 16th Mar '17 12:38:08 AM by TheRealWren
You cannot stop the Rider!
edited 1st Oct '15 1:17:14 AM by guyshane
edited 30th Sep '15 10:38:25 PM by GrimHelm
Confirming that Team MISN will remain post-restructure.
Confirming partners: Lena and Duncan.
edited 30th Sep '15 11:33:49 PM by LiorVal
Ah, wait, there are spots left still. Huh.
edited 1st Oct '15 12:17:14 AM by FergardStratoavis
My Onii-chan! My Raggy! There you are. Accepted. 17/20.
I guess I was nearly to late...
I'm still here, motherfuckers!
edited 1st Oct '15 2:57:37 AM by SpartyMcFly
Community Showcase More
How well does it match the trope?