Follow TV Tropes
Exactly what it says on the tin. Sometimes they still pop by the room, but they often leave. Freeform RP where we do different stuff, though we do have a stricter continuity.
1. No godmodding. This includes stuff like autohitting, ghosting, the standard things that are attributed to godmodding.
2. No fixed GM. As of right now, Mobile Leprechaun is the head GM in that she runs things like polls and enforces rules. The GM running the story will have control over the characters involved in it so long as no rule-breaking is involved and no fuss is made, so listen to them if they tell you to do something.
3. You may not derail someone else's plot unless they are inactive for at least a week.
4. Maximum of three two characters at once, because the amount of players in this thread has gotten insane (which is good for diversity, but tricky for GM-ing). These two characters can be anyone you want, so long as they're in your gallery. They don't have to be your current avatar, since that can become impractical, but we'd prefer you at least started out with them as such. Obviously, if you begin causing trouble with your character(s), you will be asked to stop using them.
5. Don't be an asshole.
Seriously. Don't. Nobody likes assholes. And there is a limit to how much you can dismiss by putting "JK! LOL" at the end of your posts.
6. Please don't pull powers out of your ass. Of course, this is a crossover, and we'll be willing to work with you about introducing elements from the different canons present. However, you can't just say your character conveniently finds a chest full of EMP rifles or plasmids or whatever just because someone from the series in question is nearby. Everything mentioned in the rule against godmodding applies.
7.No OP characters. What counts as OP may vary, so always make sure to ask. And if you insist on using them, please keep their involvement with major plot developments to a minimum. Alternately, you can simply nerf them. The amount of nerfing you are asked to do may vary from GM to GM, and each one does reserve the right to tell you to do so if they think your character might break the plot. Sorry.
8. When it comes time to vote for a new GM, voting is strictly confidential. Please PM your votes to me, rather than post them on the discussion thread. You may only vote when the polls have been locked. Thank you.
9. Do not bother volunteering to GM if you think there is a chance you will disappear in the middle of it. We have enough hanging plot threads as it is for various reasons, and we do not need more. Not all plots need to be multi-week epics (we are perfectly fine with short ones, too), but if yours is, you need to accept what you are getting into and be prepared to finish what you started.
Discussion thread here.
The thread is here.
edited 21st Feb '17 11:12:19 AM by daltar
Han Solo, captain Of the Millenium Falcon. Which was stolen in the last thread.
I'm going to use this post to tell people what it's like. Basically, we are just adventuring where ever we like. We will visit different universes in the Millenium Falcon, thanks to it's damaged hyper-drive.
As of right now, we are on our way to Fire Fly's system, where we will do adventurey things, and quite possibly blow stuff up.
UPDATE: I guess I'll use it as a running history. After various attempts to keep ourselves entertained, we time skipped to Fire Fly. Sir lancelot then showed up, and is Cloud's servant or something. He then proceded to get the attention of some weird magic thing that pulled the falcon in the moon and attacked everyone with Vampires with laser eyes. After resolving that, we landed in a small town on said moon.
UPDATE 2- well, i forgot to update. were now in castlevania
UPDATE 3- Well I'm a VERY poor historian. We're in a room again.
edited 30th Dec '12 11:56:34 AM by Joesolo
There is lava between us and Joshua's dead body, which is the source of the lava. The Traveler died and is transforming into Cthulu/Chinese Dragon thing. Also, we agreed on a three character cap, right?
This is the sign up? Well shit.
EDIT: We are going to be allowed to leave the room and go do stuff, right? Like mentally fuck up Cloud and get Han's ship back?
edited 7th Dec '11 2:15:56 PM by Aramil
Slow down. Still just the sign-ups, folks.
Ooh! Almost forgot:
3. Three Two avatar limit, but we'd prefer if you just used one.
edited 12th Jul '13 12:26:54 AM by GameSpazzer
There are some more rules to this thread:
More to come soon, maybe. Follow these rules and we'll get along just fine.
If you want a fun and not-so-dark version of this game, go here.
edited 7th Dec '11 2:22:42 PM by ShadowBender
The limit is on 3 avatars at once, of course. You are allowed to swap in and out. It would be preferable if you used your current avatar.
Anyway: Currently, Minato Arisato. Persons user and seal to Death.
edited 7th Dec '11 2:17:40 PM by pyr0h1tman8
OK, I'm out for now then.
edited 7th Dec '11 2:21:15 PM by GameSpazzer
I'm in. I meant that by the first post, sorry if I was unclear.
Nah, I got that. The more original people we can get on here, the easier it'll be to bring new people in as well.
Oh, um... I was kinda going to just start off using the character I wanted to use, and then switch back to the twins when I'd established her. >.< But I don't intend to ever use either of the twins in this... Um, hurm...
...Anyways, tentative claim on my version of Leaf, I guess. We'll see how this works out. >.<
As long as you don't have the perfect Pokemon for every situation, it should be fine.
Whatever works for you. I don't think this will be too strict.
If it means anything, she's just a rookie trainer; all she has are a Bulbasaur, a Pichu and a Clefairy.
For now, at least. I dunno, maybe she might catch some more later on, but for now it's just those three.
edited 7th Dec '11 2:44:00 PM by Moerin
Sweet, so you've got room to improve.
Were all gonna slowly get "Better" likely. Of course, the enemies will still fight us the same.
I really want to see some curb stomp battles this time around though. It's cool to have nigh-unwinable Boss fights now and again, but we fought two in a row at the end of the last thread. It got a little tedious. The occasional easy battle/stealth mission wouldn't go amiss.
Sounds good. If that's the case though, I'll have to leave Nyx till later.
Some of the newbs are gonna be extremely lost at times when we make occasional references to stuff that happened in the first thread. :)
Makes sense. Any group with an influx of recruits would work like that.
Also, If we do go into space, We might be able to work out transport fairly easily. With the shuttle from the Normandy, and the Falcon, we could carry at least 20 some odd characters. Plus Clippy dosn't really need that much space, so 21!
Granted, that means slaughtering most of the Normandy crew that survived the Pirates.
So from what I understand, this is less "Our avatars are in a room" and more "Our avatars... In... SPAAAAAAACE!"?
...I like the sound of this, actually. It gives Leaf more things to play with, eheh~
It's just possible ideas I'm throwing around. It's hard to avoid space with Han Solo and Commander Shepherd. Plus those Pirates that went after him.
Plus, it'll give you a chance to catch Space-Pokemon. I'll lend you a suit.
edited 7th Dec '11 3:10:25 PM by Joesolo
It's "Our Avatars Are EVERYWHERE!"
Much more awesome, in my oh-so-humble opinion.
Your the most active of us all. I think your opinion matter a bit.
I think "Our Avatars were in a room" Is just cool. Or leave it "Are" and get onto the Artifact Title trope page.
Community Showcase More
How well does it match the trope?