Follow TV Tropes

Following

ITT: We are all Pokémon Trainers

Go To

Metanoia like christ, but with more nails from Antarctica
like christ, but with more nails
Sep 3rd 2021 at 8:08:26 PM

Parfum Palace, past

Kamon: -incoherent [Welsh] shriek-

Big Savings: -calmly floating downwards-
< >be me
>get teleported halfway around the world by reincarnated spaghetti
>run into sharpednado guy
>go through the door
>fall through the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>

Edited by Metanoia on Sep 3rd 2021 at 11:13:02 AM

There is no disdain in nature, there is no humiliation.
QuantumMelody29 chaos catby with a flannel shirt addiction from somewhere Relationship Status: Who needs love when you have waffles?
chaos catby with a flannel shirt addiction
Sep 4th 2021 at 4:23:55 AM

rebels island

Jess: Yeah... No idea what they do, though. They looked like whatever they do they can't exactly control it.

I used to plug my deviantart here but turns out the link was too long.
Asterisk395 No voice to cry suffering from Hallownest Relationship Status: I've got a total eclipse of the heart
No voice to cry suffering
Sep 4th 2021 at 5:56:19 AM

Fallen Train Car

-for the briefest moment, Hiro's startled eyes can be seen-

Janitor: -leaning on his broom- Well, you see, sonny, someone left a mess in these woods!

-Hiro hesitates mid-swing—-

Janitor: -pulling a little bottle out of his pocket- If our erstwhile delinquent hadn't gotten to it, well...I'd expect he'd be expelled on the spot!

-and the literal child in front of him ducks the blade, smacks away Hiro's hand, and yanks his Pokéball belt from around his waist-

Janitor: -examining the label, tsk- As for me, I'm a humble faculty member. And you are trespassing on School grounds.

-Hiro moves like a flash fire, but Molybdenum skitters off—Blipbug tucked into the crook of her elbow, she pulls out a chisel and starts smashing the release mechanisms on Hiro's Pokéballs-

Hiro: -making a grab for it- Stop that—!

Freshman!Molybdenum: -Blipbug screeching a Supersonic- No.

-the Janitor tips the contents of the bottle onto a swept-up pile of clone corpses, and it begins to dissolve-

-skin, flesh, bone—all to dust-

Hiro: -to Owen- School bullshit! Fuck—help!

-he doesn't hesitate as he dives forward this time, but is forced back nonetheless by a wall of roiling flame-

-from the skylight drops another Schoolkid, red-haired, with a faceful of makeup and a Darmanitan peering down after her-

???!Schoolchild: -staring blankly, an edge of fury in her tone- You're going to step back, now.

-the Janitor keeps sweeping, Hiro fights fire with fire, and Molybdenum continues her work-

No mind to think. No will to break.
Pentigan Fwomph from The Underverse
Fwomph
Sep 4th 2021 at 5:57:16 AM

Lee House, The Pokaemart

-As the group retreats back to this liminal place, it seems the cashier is having a conversation with someone else in A Normal Mouse garb-

A Normal Mouse Cashier: Sold out? Seriously?

A Normal Mouse Miscellaneous Staffer: Yeah, I checked his [Linked In] and he's working for the snakes now! Bad enough we're only allowed to rent the gates but now they've headhunted our visionary...

-The cashier cringes before noticing the group-

A Normal Mouse Cashier: Yeesh... Uh... Oh hey. Sorry you had to hear that. How was your visit to Mr Lee?

Parfum Palace Depths

-Gale descends like a bolt in the dark, her display of inkweaving wrapping around her briefly before fading once she's sure that the folded Julius can no longer see them. When she lands, she lands on her feet; slowed down by an array of inexplicable black wings that swiftly fold away and vanish somewhere behind her-

Egh, I forgot about the floor opening up! Well whatever, is everyone alright?

It's clearly a case of backroom political albumizing.
MasterJayAM Relationship Status: Married to the job
Sep 4th 2021 at 6:13:31 AM

Hulbury Port, Past

Drumsturdy: Bugger, they're robots on the inside.

Protium: I wouldn't call them that.

New guy: Oh, this is gonna be fun.

Deuterium: ~Am I the only one who's not bothered by the fact that we could be dealing with two templars right now.~

Hew guy: ~I'm gonna pretend I didn't just mentally hear a beautiful woman diss me because I look like some guy she met before.~

He winks at her and gives a confident smirk that was probably meant to say "don't worry girl, I got this," but came off to Deuterium as something a touch more douchebaggy.

Deuterium: ~He looks just like Ferrum! And were you just hitting on me right now?~

Protium: ~He doesn't dress like Ferrum and certainly doesn't act like his Ferrum. You're letting his superficial resemblance to this one Templar you've met interrupt what could be our only chance at beating an actual Templar.~

The stranger stands tall and does a couple of peculiar hand gestures, slowing down

New guy: Officer, I'm gonna need you to stand back. Do you happen to have an ice type with you?

Drumsturdy: Would a snom suffice?

New guy: That'll work. Say, does anyone remember what happens to metal when you rapidly cool it?

Protium: I get what you're thinking.

Deuterium: As do I.

New Guy: Pyra, Heat Crash!

The emboar complied, targeting the iron frames that her trainer attempts to hold still. Along the way, Drumsturdy takes out another ball and unleashes a snom.

Drumsturdy: Fauntleroy, Icicle spear!

Protium: Redford, Ice fang!

Drumsturdy: I don't mean to intrude but didn't we instruct your younger sibling to move away from the charging robots.

Protium and Deuterium looked in horror as they realize, amid the confusion, that their young companion is actually moving forward, closer to one figure that seems completely calm in the face of the puppet invasion of the boardwalk.

Gateon Port, Present-ish

The ship begins to dock. At the shore, near the harbormaster's warehouse, is a team of PEFE-authorized teamsters. Security is tight. Due to upgrades and repairs done at HQ, a very important artifact must be kept in PEFE's Orre facilities.

Overseeing the transfer is a young woman and her beautifly. She is accompanied by a slightly older man and a dunsparce.

Tiffany, the PEFE PR person: As you can see, Mr. Tenembaum, we take our security very seriously. I certainly hope our transfer protocols meet Clavis insurance standards.

Tenembaum: Oh, I'll be the judge of that. Ms. Kwan was quite proud of her upgrades last year, and I was fortunate enough to see it work exactly as expected. Certainly the upgrades to the vaults will surpass my expectations once completed.

Tiffany: We already keep all our potentially dangerous artifacts under the tightest of security measures. We don't let just anyone in on PEFE island.

Tenembaum: How well do I remember.

Tiffany: And trust us, we've graded our security protocols for transfer several times higher than the industry standard. If criminals like the Hunter's Guild tried to bust in, they're in for a world of hurt even before the Aurabolts get here.

Umbramatic Meet The New Boss from WAAPT usually, sometimes WHABP or maybe PEFE Relationship Status: Gay for Big Boss
Meet The New Boss
Sep 4th 2021 at 10:21:19 AM

School Tr   ainwreck   

Owen: "I have no clue what's going on but it clearly requires combat."

-Sends out Ein-

Stone Edge the incoming person!

Ein: <Your guess is as good as mine on what's going on, but okay...>

-Sends a Stone Edge at the redhead-

Gateon Port

-Another boat is approaching the PEFE boat-

-At high speed-

-Very high speed-

Parfum Palace Dungeon

-As the title card says, the party is in a dungeon now!-

-Notably, however, there are Rabbid Whismur here, who seem surprised at the group's entrance-

Rabbid 1: <Bwah!>

Rabbid 2: <Bwah?>

Rabbid 3: <Bwah.>

Edited by Umbramatic on Sep 4th 2021 at 12:23:20 PM

Contact Me!
Metanoia like christ, but with more nails from Antarctica
like christ, but with more nails
Sep 4th 2021 at 10:39:04 AM

Parfum Palace Dungeon, past

Kamon: -flails mid-air and grabs onto Big Savings' tentacle in panic, speeding her descent and they land in a heap that bounces twice and rolls across the dungeon floor-

Big Savings: < big oof >

Kamon: Owowow. -looks up, notices Rabbids- Heh? Is that a...'s not a Pokémon...

There is no disdain in nature, there is no humiliation.
AbsentCoder Some Rando from Doofenshmirtz Neutral Incorporated Relationship Status: RelationshipOutOfBoundsException: 1
Some Rando
Sep 4th 2021 at 11:59:44 AM

Parfum Palace

Talbain vanishes into the ground for a moment, momentum continuing until he comes out of the floor again, coming up slower than he fell and soon landing on a summoned Stone Edge spire, leaping down it and landing in front of the Rabbids.

Kendall reappears in a flash of light, picking one up and looking at them.

"So, they got Gudrunn, too?"

Kamui materialized again, looking at the Rabbid.

"Looks like it," she considered.

Some thoughts crossing his mind, Kendall reached into the infinite backpack, a shadowy portal being summoned to stick his wrist into, and from it, he drew Sylveon's Desire. "Anyone injured from the fall?!"

Edited by AbsentCoder on Sep 4th 2021 at 12:00:28 PM

[Insert Unoriginal Stinger Here]
AnimeboyIanpower Empathic Kid Hero-in-training from Queen Mary's Castle Relationship Status: Brewing the love potion
Empathic Kid Hero-in-training
Sep 4th 2021 at 12:32:16 PM

Parfum Palace Dungeon

-With a resounding "thud", Ian and Evelyn hit the ground, still in each other's embrace.-

Me: Are you okay, Evelyn?

Evelyn: I'm fine, Ian. I thank you for your concern. Question is, are YOU okay?

Me: I am okay. A little shaken by the fall, but as long as you're safe...

Me: -to Kendall- We're okay! But what is this place?

Show me the wisdom of the world... Tell me the secrets of the heart... and the sweet~ mysteries~ of love~...
memyselfandI2 Dunsparce Cloud from The Biosphere Relationship Status: Hooked on a feeling
Dunsparce Cloud
Sep 4th 2021 at 2:11:36 PM

Old Cemetery, past

-once again, the majority of attacks don't have a great deal of impact, even boosted-

-because, you know, legendary incarnation of primeval death-

-it's a bit like punching your way through a wall made entirely of shower curtains. It's not that they're stronger than you, but they tangle,

-the thing that most catches their attention, with Muddy not yet counterattacking, is Hitodama-

<Hm.>

-it has been a long, long time since anything grew here without Spectrier's say-so-

<I am rarely the first thing people seek to challenge. That would be...hasty.>

<But I am, as a rule, the last. And I will not tolerate Xerneas's infringement on my hunt.>

-as they press down against Muddy, the graves explode-

-and a wail tears through the air around the battlefield, the wind and shadows turning into blades that slash at everyone who's declared themself as part of the battle-

Spectrier used...well, your guess is as good as ours, but it sure is scary!

Wyndon Restaurant Fight

Brie: Ah! You're not getting away that easily! Once you bring a Flying-type to the fight I have a personal responsibility to show off! Halcyon, hold the fort!

-she gives chase, leaping into the air for no particular reason-

-and landing on Ramphyros, holding onto her like a windsurfer-

Brie: Agility!

-as Ramphyros rockets off after the dueling Crobat-

Ramphyros: <Mind if I take the lead?>

Brie: This is not a compelling side of you.

Ramphyros: <I'm workshopping it!>

Ballonlea, past

Ever: Yeah, I'll keep you in the loop, even after those entirely unwarranted comments at my expense. What kind of awful person would keep information from someone they're working with?

-they adjust their cap back to the appropriate angle-

Follow.

-they open a phone booth and step inside-

Dunsparce didn't stop being a thing or anything.
rmctagg09 The Wanderer from Brooklyn, NY Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
The Wanderer
Sep 4th 2021 at 2:53:08 PM

Old Cemetery, past

-Most put up Protects that manage to barely hold up against Spectrier's onslaught, but...-

Hitodama: -Is hit, and barely holds on as she continues doing so-

Hendrix: -Is also hit, and faints as a terrifying neigh fills the air-

Spectrier's Grim Neigh activated!

The foe Spectrier's Special Attack increased!

-Sensing the increase in power-

Spectrier's only about half as powerful as they could be without their rider to my understanding, but that's a pretty big half. Okay, we need to end this now. ​

Pugh: -Is hit on the head by some rubble from the exploding graves- <   ...   >

-And angrily rushes at Spectrier as she starts glowing-

Pugh, wait!

Pugh: -Jumps up, the glow subsiding as the now Grapploct wraps her tentacles around Spectrier, the Foresight still making its effect- <Wanna wrestle!>

Pugh used Octolock!

The foe Spectrier (Probably) cannot escape!

The foe Spectrier's Defenses are lowered!

Spectrier and Glastrier are embodiments of the fear of the cold and dark when humanity was still young. Okay, so what are the opposites of those?

-Throwing some ofuda at Spectrier that I figure probably won't do more than annoy them at best but serve to distract them from the next stage of the plan-

Heat and light!

Helios, Magtail, Anthracite, now!

Helios: -Flies above and starts glowing, lighting up the arena-

Anthracite: -Spits a Tar Shot in a circle around Spectrier as Muddy jumps back-

Magtail: -Sets it alight so that the flames start boxing them in, combining with Hitodama's attempted commandeering of the local ambient spirits-

-It's then that a small figure jumps atop Spectrier and attempts to get their reins around their mouth-

Edited by rmctagg09 on Sep 4th 2021 at 5:53:37 AM

Hugging a Vanillite will give you frostbite.
Umbramatic Meet The New Boss from WAAPT usually, sometimes WHABP or maybe PEFE Relationship Status: Gay for Big Boss
Meet The New Boss
Sep 4th 2021 at 2:54:18 PM

Ballonleia

Jade: -flinches at Ever's comments, then blinks- "There are still phone booths in this dimension? Er, okay."

-Follows Ever along with Swift-

Parfum Palace

-A particularly small Rabbid Whismur is eyeing the assembled group with awe when a door opens and a few origami Yamask emerge-

Origami Yamask: <Come with us...>

-The Whismur Rabbids go through the door. One Yamask blocks the party-

<Not you.>

-The door closes-

-Someone may notice a strange sigil on the floor-

Contact Me!
rmctagg09 The Wanderer from Brooklyn, NY Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
The Wanderer
Sep 4th 2021 at 2:57:30 PM

Parfum Palace, past

Ann: -Landing gently thanks to Hirunda- Huh, Rabbids?

-Suddenly Yamask-

Why not?

Hugging a Vanillite will give you frostbite.
AnimeboyIanpower Empathic Kid Hero-in-training from Queen Mary's Castle Relationship Status: Brewing the love potion
Empathic Kid Hero-in-training
Sep 4th 2021 at 3:19:19 PM

Parfum Palace Dungeon

-Ian and Evelyn, when they get their bearings, notice a strange sigil on the floor.-

Me: Huh? Hey, Evelyn... Did you see that?

Evelyn: Yeah... It looks like a sort of magic circle...

-Evelyn establishes a telepathic link between the others.-

Evelyn: ~Hey, everyone. Come take a look at this.~

Show me the wisdom of the world... Tell me the secrets of the heart... and the sweet~ mysteries~ of love~...
Asterisk395 No voice to cry suffering from Hallownest Relationship Status: I've got a total eclipse of the heart
No voice to cry suffering
Sep 4th 2021 at 3:28:24 PM

[Venice], Bar

Thalia: -eyeing the proceedings-

Pauline: Thalia, we aren't here for you to indulge...

Thespi: -prim- Perish the thought. Kincade—

-to him she replies in that brisk, professional manner distinctive to girlbosses, working to stoke his storytelling nerve-

-if there's anything Thalia knows, it's how to hold high-profile conversation-

[Venice], July 7th, Out and About

-Suiko gives not!Daydre's not!shadow a pet or two-

Suiko Prime: ...yes, that was—

Dr. Ironspine: -clanking back up- <Done.>

Suiko Prime: ...it continues transmitti—?

Dr. Ironspine: -poke- <I said I'm done. Now quickly, before they catch on.>


-the second one—in a big ol' warehouse—doesn't have anyone loitering nearby at all-

Suiko Prime: -once again rooftop-bound, two buildings off- ...this feels a bit too easy.

-Megan might've walked right in-

-Megan's not here, though, so...?-

Fallen Train Car

-the redhead, it should be noted, is a child-

Janitor: -putting on headphones- Don't be too long now, Antimony.

???!Schoolkid Antimony: Mind yourself, old man.

-a child spewing terrible purple flames from her fists, but a child nonetheless-

Hiro: -furious- You...!

-small Molybdenum drops her Blipbug and chisel to shove Antimony out of the Stone Edge's trajectory-

Antimony: -yelps, fire sputtering out-

Hiro: -diving forward- Who are you made from?!

-Hiro conjures burning cords, attempting to bind the two—the Darmanitan crashes down, forcing him back-

Antimony & Darmanitan: No one who mattered.>

Hiro: -staring- ...

Freshman!Molybdenum: -pointing- [[purple:~Metal man.~

-she opens her mouth—the Blipbug spreads its mandibles—and two streams of mites, one physical and one psychic, merge before diving into Owen's workings-

Molybdenum & Blipbug used Infestation!

-to put it lightly, Owen is bugged-

No mind to think. No will to break.
Umbramatic Meet The New Boss from WAAPT usually, sometimes WHABP or maybe PEFE Relationship Status: Gay for Big Boss
Meet The New Boss
Sep 4th 2021 at 3:53:21 PM

   School Trainwreck   

Owen: <AGH>

-Falls over, convulsing-

Ein: <Agh, O-Owen!>

-Runs over and tosses Owen onto his back with his jaws-

<Hiro, my Trainer is wrong. We need to run.>

Contact Me!
Pentigan Fwomph from The Underverse
Fwomph
Sep 4th 2021 at 3:53:47 PM

Hulbury Port

-Under the heat pressure of ice and fire, the metal cracks and fractures. The shattered structures stay standing for a moment before collapsing, it seems their controller considers this a lost cause. That said, it seems their prey is coming to them...-

-The wind rushes alongside Tritium as they wander towards the casual-dressed guy walking towards the van at a casual pace. Heck, the guy doesn't even seem to be reacting to being approached. The wind... Whispers-

The Wind: Hi there.

Parfum Palace Dungeons

Huh, why are the Rabbids he-

-Some cogs click in Gale's head-

Oh no. Oh no. Oh that's gonna be weird...

It's clearly a case of backroom political albumizing.
Metanoia like christ, but with more nails from Antarctica
like christ, but with more nails
Sep 4th 2021 at 4:24:22 PM

Parfum Palace Dungeon, past

Kamon: -looks over at Gale- What's gonna be weird? -pause- Hey, I remember you! From that creepy dungeon a long time ago.

Big Savings: < bwah! >

Kamon: -to BS- And haven't I seen you around? Who do you belong to...

There is no disdain in nature, there is no humiliation.
AbsentCoder Some Rando from Doofenshmirtz Neutral Incorporated Relationship Status: RelationshipOutOfBoundsException: 1
Some Rando
Sep 4th 2021 at 4:40:39 PM

Parfum Prisoners

"Okay, with all due respect, given the other papercraft freak that dropped us here," Kamui started, pointing up. "you'll have to forgive our trepidation regarding following you."

Kendall, on the other hand, investigated the sigil under the guise of his illusory double staying beside Kamui while the real him remained invisible under an illusion, looking at its design in curiosity.

[Insert Unoriginal Stinger Here]
BittersweetNSour Smells like bug meat. Relationship Status: A cockroach, nothing can kill it.
Smells like bug meat.
Sep 4th 2021 at 4:55:21 PM

Wyndon — Outside the Restaurant

Kai: Excuses later, Kahlia! Focus on the fight!

-A streak of rainbows swoops by, picking up Kai and rocketing right toward Rogue. In the process, it collides with the Crobat, along with the gusts from the Hurricane, sending him careening for a moment before he rights himself.-

Spectrum: <'Scuse me, coming through!>

Crobat: <Ack! How dare—?! You will rue the day you challenged us!>

-He hawks a glob of Toxic poison at Spectrum. Rogue smirks, and ducks down an alley, which Spectrum zooms right past.-

Spectrum: <Eeep! Backing up, beep beep!>

-She frantically flaps her wings to halt her momentum, before turning around to follow Rogue.-

what if horses were persistence predators
OPALGARNET16 Priest of the Temple of Syrinx from Nighttree, New Jersey Relationship Status: Abstaining
Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Sep 4th 2021 at 5:30:30 PM

Parfum Prisoners

(Kim, Braker, Elton, the Beatlemons, Walter, and Cuddles promptly fall— directly into a Sticky Web.)

Kim: "Well. That helped. Thanks, Cuddles."

Cuddles: (blushes)

Braker: "Didn't seem to work for Kendall, Kamui, Ian, or Evelyn, though."

(Cuddles promptly looks around the room and sees the rest of the group has landed safely.)

Cuddles: <Oh! Everyone's okay~! Looks like I didn't need the Sticky Webs, then...>

Elton: <Oi! What's that?>

(He points in the direction of the sigil up ahead. Everyone promptly jumps down from the Sticky Web and runs over to it. As they do...)

Cuddles: <Hello, Whismur~! Hi, origami Yamask~!>

(Eventually, they reach the sigil.)

Kim: "Well. This is intriguing."

Braker: "Indeed..." (He promptly takes a picture of it.) "I wonder what it could mean..."

Elton: <It looks pre'y!>

John: <Eh. Probably does something boring.>

George: <...Face.>

(The rest of the group turn to face him.)

John: <You can see a bloody face in there?>

George: (looks again, then:) <I was wrong, it's a pattern.>

Walter: <And a very unusual one at that.>

Hi, I’m oghond, and I’m a Rushaholic. Sorry if I annoy you unintentionally. 😅
MasterJayAM Relationship Status: Married to the job
Sep 4th 2021 at 5:43:19 PM

Hulbury Port, Past

Tritium was unafraid of the voice or of the cold chill.; she knew exactly what was going on, and what she needed to do.

The farfetch'd previously flying overhead landed next to her, brandishing a large leek defensively at the aggressor.

The figure controlling the wind and puppets would feel, just by the presence of the young person before them, that their control over the puppets and the wind diminishing. As though their power is being nullified just by the child's presence.

Just as the dossiers said.

At the sight of seeing their younger companion so close to who they think was the Templar chasing them, Protium and Deuterium start to mobilize, only to be beaten to the punch by the stranger, who in the interim has released and mounted a peculiar looking mamoswine.

New guy: Stay back, I've got this.

The duo did not listen and begin coming in from behind.

Gateon Port, Present-ish

The ship's captain had sent several warning messages on the direction of the ship, but it doesn't seem to want to listen.

Harbormaster: There appears to be a motorboat approaching the PEFE freighter. Don't worry, though, the coast guard should be on their way shortly.

Tiffany: Thank you. But I've a good feeling we won't need them once we're done.

Tenembaum: You don't happened to have guns in that freighter?

Tiffany: Spared no expense. We've cleared everything with the proper authorities, to boot. I'm honestly thinking the Coast Guard are overkill, but get them here anyway since we need to arrest whoever's on that boat.

Meanwhile, the freighter fires a few warning shots at the direction of the motorboat. Crew on the top deck prepare their balls to release water-types at the slightest provocation.

Herbert40k The Flame Emperor from Fódlan Relationship Status: I-It's not like I like you, or anything!
The Flame Emperor
Sep 4th 2021 at 5:58:51 PM

Wyndon Alleyway - Aug 21st

-The group pursuing Rogue round the corner into the alleyway, a relatively narrow passage between two seemingly disused buildings. Alice brings up the rear whilst Gangrel flies in after his opposite number ahead of Whiptail, who once again glances back at Kai.-

Whiptail: It's Whiptail right now, okay? And I am focusing! I've been tracking this asshole for the last few days now and I'm not about to- ghnrk

-This noise comes as something in the shadows behind a dumpster shifts, grabbing Whiptail by the throat and lifting her about a foot off the ground.-

???: Well now, isn't this a pleasant surprise? Two flies caught for the price of one. I guess my little spider proved more capable of weaving webs than I gave them credit for. Who knows, I might even keep them around once this is done.

-Hearing his trainer in distress, Gangrel stops in mid-air and wheels around - only to be suddenly KO'd by a Shadow Ball from... well, the shadows.-

-The shape clutching Whiptail takes a step out from said shadows, revealing itself to be what looks like a man in an immaculately formal suit, wearing black leather gloves and a motorcycle-helmet mask not unlike Rogue's. It's hard to make out specific features, on account of how dark it's gotten. In fact, it's so dark it's impossible to see beyond the boundaries of the alleyway.-

-Hang on a minute, wasn't it only just midday...?-

???: <Uehehehehehehehe...>

-From the darkness, the sensation of being watched from everywhere at once.-

??? used Mean Look!

-Meanwhile, the masked man holds Whiptail up further, his gloved hand peeling off her mask as he watches her struggle and choke.-

??? Masked Man: I wonder, do I kill you first? It feels like such an... inadequate punishment for failure. But on the other hand, it makes for an excellent example.

Alice: ...Petty crook she may be, but you're not killing anyone, no matter who you think you-

Masked Man: Shut up.

-He clenches his fist. There is a loud crack, a cry of pain, and Alice crumples to the ground. The masked man turns slowly to face Kai, still clutching the now-unmasked Whiptail, his voice dripping with overly-familiar smarm.-

Masked Man: You know what? I think I'll let you make the choice, Mx. Kai~

Ballonlea - Past

-Shun splutters at Ever's parting jab, but ultimately can't manage any coherent reply before they leave.-

Shun: ...No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose. Hopefully next time I might be lucky enough to get the person I actually called.

-He sighs, then pulls out a blank casefile from his bag and starts filling in details.-

Wild Area, Giant's Cap - Past

-Ferrum nods at Nitrogen and Vana, beginning to climb onto his Metagross.-

Ferrum: Yup, time to motor. You hang around feeling sorry for yourself any longer and we might just-

-It's at this point that Ian and Evelyn arrive on the scene, prompting Ferrum to swing around to face them - then he recognises Ian and curses under his breath.-

Ferrum: Ah, crap. You again. Can't leave well enough alone, can you, kid? Thought you woulda learnt your lesson the first time around.

-He notices the tears in Ian's eyes, and his expression twists into a sadistic grin.-

Ferrum: Friend of yours, huh? Ain't that a shame. Got here just a little too late, I'm afraid. Not that it woulda helped, but still, I wish you coulda seen it. That arm of theirs came off like it was held on with string!

Edited by Herbert40k on Sep 4th 2021 at 3:37:09 PM

"You're having a bit too much fun."
Umbramatic Meet The New Boss from WAAPT usually, sometimes WHABP or maybe PEFE Relationship Status: Gay for Big Boss
Meet The New Boss
Sep 4th 2021 at 6:22:35 PM

Gateon Port

-The boat's still going-

-Looks like it's not stopping on its own-

Parfum Palace Dungeon

-Once Absent approaches the symbol, everyone hears a voice-

???: <J-Team... is that you? I need your help! I'm... I'm... I'm in a very strange place. It's cramped and dark... Almost like I'm in between dimensions or something. I'm not sure if I should be amazed or scared but I'm kinda both? If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to get out now, please. Is there any way you can help?>

Contact Me!
memyselfandI2 Dunsparce Cloud from The Biosphere Relationship Status: Hooked on a feeling
Dunsparce Cloud
Sep 4th 2021 at 8:19:55 PM

Old Cemetery, past

-as Hendrix goes down, he finds that getting up is almost impossible, the shadows pressing down, fatigue intensifying-

-while the shadows around Spectrier intensify-

-and then Pugh-

<...Brave.>

-their head twists around 180 degrees, eye turning pitch-black-

<I said I'd leave you alive. But I make no promises that you'll enjoy it in the near future.>

-and then ofuda-

<...Is this supposed to—>

-and then light-

-for just a moment, Spectrier is entirely visible, a pitch-black horse in the middle of a sudden burning spotlight-

<...I'm just going to kill you all now.>

-and then reins-

<...>

<...>

<You..

<These are your champions, then? You've agreed to their deal?>

Ballonlea?—past

-the phone booth opens into what seems to be a back aisle of a store. At the other end of the aisle is another door-

Ever: Don't touch anything, don't look at anything, and don't talk to anyone, or we'll be here all day.

-they head through the other door, which opens into the Stormchaser-

Ever: And we're here.

-they produce their notebook again-

So. Rainbow rocket?

Wyndon alleyway, August 21

Brie: Kahlia?

-she swerves around into the alley-

Brie: Alice!

-she skids to a halt, Ramphyros perching on an alley lamp-

Brie: And once again person I barely know! Let her go, whoever you are, or I'm going to take you apart!

Ramphyros: <Well, I mean, I will.>

Brie: Ramphyros will take you apart!

Dunsparce didn't stop being a thing or anything.

Total posts: 577,758
Top

How well does it match the trope?

Example of:

/

Media sources:

/

Report