Follow TV Tropes

Following

ITT: We are all Pokémon Trainers

Go To

PhilosopherStones Anyways Here's Darude Sandstorm from The North (lots of planets have them) Relationship Status: You can be my wingman any time
Anyways Here's Darude Sandstorm
Feb 11th 2020 at 6:45:38 PM

The Rebel Treble

Des looked over at the commotion going on in the choir.

"...Ms. Montalban? Oh. It has been...a while."

He suddenly gets very blushy.

GIVE ME YOUR FACE
AspenKarch A Blind In One Eye, Paralyzed Vocal Cord, Female from Earth Relationship Status: Chocolate!
A Blind In One Eye, Paralyzed Vocal Cord, Female
Feb 11th 2020 at 8:17:17 PM

'''Turffield Pokemon Center ''' -Aspen released Mushu from her Nest Ball-

<Oh, it's you... Nice battle back there against me.>

"Thanks! Is something wrong Mushu?"

<Mushu?>

"Yes, Mushu. It's a nickname that I picked out. I hope you don't mind me calling you that."

Mushu:<It's fine, I don't mind it. Anyways, since I've been in a Pokemon Den almost my whole life, so I don't know what's it really like to travel or be with a trainer.>

"Don't worry Mushu. You'll get used to it. The main reason I caught you is because I'm actually in the Gym Challenge. And I needed a Fire type for the Grass gym, which is in this town. Plus a Bug type could be useful."

Mushu:<R-really? Is that is? Is that all I would be used for?

"Nope! In fact, you're going to travel with me from now on. I don't know what else you'll be used for but, you a part of my team from now on!"

Mushu:<I-i never heard such kind words from somebody before. It touches me. Touches me deeply. T-thank you for captureing me... By the way, what's your name?>

"Aspen"

Mushu:<Aspen? That's an interesting name!>

"Thanks!" -she pulled out a Poke Toy-

Mushu:<Um... What is that Aspen?>

"It's a Poke Toy. It's well a toy ment for Pokemon to play with. I use it on new members of the team to bond with for awhile."

Mushu:<Just wondering but, how many Pokemon do you have?>

"Counting you, it's 9 at the moment"

<9? That isn't very much.>

"I know, but it will grow over time."

<Right. I can't wait for me to travel to with you Aspen! -She pulled out a TM for Brutal Swing-

<What is that?

"This is a TM or Tactical Machine. It teches a move to your Pokemon. The move depends on the TM. For example, this is a Brutal Swing TM. TM's can be used many times as you want so you don't have to risk it breaking everytime use it. There is a lot of them.'

<They sound cool! So are you going to teach me Brutal Swing then?>

"Yes, now just touch the TM and you will learn Brutal Swing." -Mushu touched the TM-

Mushu learned Brutal Swing!

-Aspen putted the Poke Toy and the TM away in her bag-

<So about this Gym Challenge thing. Why are you doing it?>

"Well, I don't know. I'm a part of the J Team, which I'm a new member of. I don't really know what they do to be honest."

<Another question, how many gyms are there?>

"There's 8 gyms in total, with the 4th and 6th gyms you choose who you fight. I'm on my first gym, which is Grass."

<There's still many questions I want to ask you. But, I'm getting sleepy. So, I'll see you whenever I battle with you ok?>

"Ok!" -Aspen returned Mushu to her Net Ball and relaxed in the Pokemon Center-

Trope Love 4ever!
Asterisk395 I'm BACK from Someplace that had a sun *and* a moon! Relationship Status: I've got a total eclipse of the heart
I'm BACK
Feb 11th 2020 at 8:36:54 PM

Stormchaser, Warm Winter

-Logan pulls up short, to see essentially an exploding, needle-coated lizard explode explosively in the middle of a doorway-

-they shield their eyes, but don't avert them-

Addie: -to Jevil, likewise observing- <Thanks for the clarification!>

-quickly- That looks like—a Salazzle. Notably on a rampage, showing signs of what I can assume is unethical, probably unwilling body modification—almost certainly the Shadow we're looking for.

If this is the same organization. Either way. In an intense rage, trapped in not-quite-conventional wire—

Blasting at something inside, maybe just trying to get out. That's way too tight and full of fire for the Line—

-fingering- Summon water or power the guitar, summon water or—

(SUMMON WATER)

OKAY!

-they huff, dismiss RC-

You did good, that first blast was—

(Knock 'em living for me, hey? ^o^) -goes poof-

-draw a Sign, almost resembling a [Triforce]-

-and an Empoleon appears, screaming-

Pippy: <Hey Logan, what's—AAAAAAAAAAAAA>

Logan: -point- (CALM.)

Pippy: -going slack- <right, yeah>

Logan: -likewise leveled out- There's a fire. There shouldn't be a fire.

Pippy: -gathering himself- <aaaaaaalrighty hold on>

-and he fights the "summoning sickness" to conjure scattered sprays of water from a wall inside-

Logan: -yelling, past Carna- Is anyone in there?!

-coughing a bit from the heat and smoke- It would be really nice if I had my scarf right about now…

-likewise, both covering respiratory apertures with hands- Or a proper Safeguard'', really.

Well, if wishes didn't try to kill us.

-Luxor, with her X-ray vision, looks for fire extinguishing nozzles or water pipes to blast open with a Thunderbolt-

-Phoebe and Deim shoot Thunder Waves at Carna from very very far away-

Motostoke, Outside the Stadium

Byleth: Yes. • _•

-matter-of-factly- It's good to meet you, too.

This one's funny. I like them.

They're so gentle. So helpless.

-nodnod, invisibly- We must protect them.

-nod- They've clearly never been in a figh...

-blink, curious- Your arm is interesting. Is that a...Crest Stone?

Do they have Crest Stones here?

-internal shrug- Don't know what else to call it, yet. Does that arm look like a Relic to you?

-squint- Weird shape for a bone.

Technically, an arm shape is one of the more—

Oh, hush, you.

Vee: -equally placidly- <Not that much taller, kiddo. Mostly long.>

-she bops him, very gently, with her rather small paw-

-and as per her custom, she sniffs at a Dreepy-

-...the ripples on her surface all level out- <...>

-curious- <...cute l'il buddies, ain't ya?>

Fraidy: <:>>

-hnnnng, right in the heart-

Megan: -blissfully unaware of Ever's conclusions- O-oh.

-affected- I...th. Thank you. •//~//•

-beaming oddly, uncertainty diminishing- I'll...see what I can come up with…?

-and the locus of her focus more or less retreats inside her skull, turning over bits of memory-

Pippy: -leaned in, looking over at Pef and Megan- <Ahh, I see. Battling and actually fighting're pretty different, yeah. We'd know, sporting event included...>

-blink- <...wait, is this whole stadium for—>

Logan: -grin- Hey.

-Pippy blinks and looks left, right...up-

Logan: -sitting easy and cross-legged, elbows on knees, chin resting on palm, on what appears to be a small, floating cloud- What're y'all talking about?

Addie: -waves cheerily, holding a piece of paper- <Hi, there!>


From: Logan

To: J-Team

Opening ceremony, good to know. I've only heard of Gym journeys, so it'll be neat to see one of these in person.

We Are All So Delighted To Be Here~
AbsentCoder Breathing, So I Guess I'm Still Alive? from A Point in 3D Space Relationship Status: Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free
Breathing, So I Guess I'm Still Alive?
Feb 11th 2020 at 9:06:44 PM

Cafe Sonata - Castelia City

"You know, I still can't believe you're letting us have our little battle here on Saturday. Seriously, I owe you," Julius said sincerely.

"Ah, don't sweat it. Likely we'll get business enough from the people who come here. If not, well, at least a little more live performers will liven things up. Usually it's a lone guitarist but now there's two different ensembles."

"I can imagine how that would breathe life into a place like this. Anyway, I wanted to discuss these restrictions you put in place."

"They're not negotiable."

"I didn't say I want to negotiate them - just that I wanted to discuss them. You see, I'm not certain that we'll be able to win in this particular battle against New Dawn's Dreamers. We might need to pull out our ace, which, mind, is pretty loud and pretty long."

"Look, we've got ads flying around saying the details. If we went against any of those it would reflect poorly if we let some kid wake up with a headache."

"And I understand that. Like I said, I don't want to negotiate. Just discuss. Good talk, all the same."

Stormchaser - Somewhere

"You pick up fast, don't you?" Ammy asked Mae, whose flowing black hair revealed a look in her eyes revealing confidence.

"Faster than you expect," she said, hitting a low chord on it. "I watched Julius' fingers dance, and I committed it to memory as best I could. Now I'm just here to refine."

"Sounds good," Colton said simply. "Can we just get to practicing? Ammy, it's on you."

She nodded hastily before cracking her knuckles.

"1, 2-3, 4, 5!"

There was a buzzing from Colton's pocket.

"Hm?"

He read the text.

"... that would have been nice to know. We could take on Galar whenever we want."

"After this Battle of the Bands wraps up?" Curtis asked, twirling a drumstick.

"After this Battle of the Bands wraps up. Ammy?"

She counted them off again. No one noticed the door was unlocked.

Edited by AbsentCoder on Feb 11th 2020 at 9:11:46 AM

[INSERT CLEVER SUMMARY OF WHAT LITTLE PERSONALITY I HAVE HERE]
Daydre That's just how it is on this bitch of an earth from the trash Relationship Status: You can be my wingman any time
That's just how it is on this bitch of an earth
Feb 11th 2020 at 10:34:25 PM

Turffield

"Yeah, exac- Hey wait, haven't I seen you before?"

Chateau d'Avarice

".. Guess we're back to what we were doing before?"

Kaguya shrugs and zaps NMB with a Flash Cannon.

Courage need not be remembered, for it is never forgotten.
Pentigan Fwomph from The Underverse
Fwomph
Feb 12th 2020 at 3:32:01 AM

[Unmentioned Social Media Platform]

Challenging the Galar League as an Aurabolt, Video AMA

-The stream flickers on, Gale Knight sitting in a Budew Drop Inn room-

Well hello. Introductions are in order; My name is Gale Knight and yeah, title relevant. Questions are now open.

How far into the League Challenge are you?

-As she reads the question, Gale frowns slightly and glances at the taskbar clock-

Technically it hasn't... Started. There's a ceremony you see, all the gym leaders welcoming the debut of the incoming challengers at Motostoke's stadium. But it's been two weeks since I've signed up and well... Nothing. No opening ceremony so I guess I'm just supposed to sit in the inn on my sponsor's dime sipping margies by the pool. Kidding, the Budew Drop doesn't have a pool and I've been spending the time training with my team.

Are you really part of the Aurabolts?

-That question manages to get her mood back, flashing a devious smile at the camera before answering-

If I told you, I'd have to kill you all. Jokes, jokes, but seriously I cannot confirm or deny whether I am a real member of the Aurabolts or merely an actor taking the role of one for publicity. That said, I am allowed to reveal the frankly obvious nature of which Aurabolt I am.

-She reached over to her left and rolled a familiar black helmet on-screen-

Ta-da. And yes I'll be wearing the full Nightingale regalia for all televised Pokemon battles, it's a special provision in my signup and an obligation in my contract that I'm intensely excited to fulfill.

Will you be wearing the Nightingale costume during gyms?

-The chat filled with a flurry of [nja] before another question passed through the noise-

can we see your team?

Cool, sure! One moment I'll grab them.

-She rolls off-screen and remains away for a minute or two. When she returns she has Acolyte on her shoulder, James on her head and a cup of tea in her hands-

Okay so these are my two I'll be bringing into gyms until I find some more party members that take my fancy. Say hello to the internet.

James: <Hi...>

Acolyte: <Weird.>

-Gale takes another sip of tea before setting the cup and saucer down-

They're little darlings, but not my only pokemon. I've got two others but they aren't-

Millie: Woooooo~

-Almost on cue, Gale is pushed aside a little by the arrival of her Wooloo on camera. A startled Acolyte flies back to perch on some furniture as James jumps onto the table the camera is on and sits carefully next to the teacup-

Hey Millie, I was just talking about you. How are you sweety?

Millie: <Good good, hugs?>

-With a just absolutely serene smile Gale gave her sheep orb a cuddle-

Yeah my Wooloo doesn't like fighting but she's perfectly fine as a companion and cuddle buddy. Alright let's see what else we've got...

What are you drinking?

Room came with an electric jug and some complementary teabags from a brand called "Paul Tea" and I gotta say it might be the best tea I've had in a while? Never really seen it outside of Galar.

sngl?

Little late in the month to be suggesting a Valentine's date friend. "It's complicated" is the closest thing I've got to an answer though, I just have a lot going on and I don't think it'd be healthy to render that down to whether I'm 'open' or not.

Does Jackal Have Hot Abs?

-She bursts out laughing for a moment and nods-

Con-firmed. Next~!

Are you from the J-Team?

... I have some strong opinions on them. Let's leave it at that and move on.

Do you do anything aside from pokemon training?

I've been working on music. Working on a song cover for a friend of mine, well I say cover but there's some lyrical changes to make it work for them. I might demo it in a separate video but for a little tease... #She played the synth in a cover band but she fell in love with a Galaran.# Other than that? Well I like to cook, would you internet people like to see me cook sometime?

When is the ceremony?

Dunno. League's being cagey, but I'll try and keep you lovelies notified when I'm about to go on so you can tune in. You'll have to do your own research on what channels broadcast outside Galar though.

can you say something lewd

Oi, naughty. First stream and I'm already getting judged for my looks. Next?

Do you take donations?

Man it's nice you all want to support what I do but I'm actually just entirely fine on money right now. The whole Aurabolt deal is netting me a tidy sum and it's not like doing a League challenge is difficult on the budget either. At the moment the support I need isn't money, it's just knowing I have a fantastic audience who wants to see me go all the way to the championship. Think you can do that for me?

-She smiles sweetly as she stares into the camera-

I think that's a good a time as any to call it. Stay subscribed for notifications of when I go live with another stream and also for all my gym matches. Love you, night!

-The stream flicks off and Gale Knight leans back in her chair to revel in the exhilaration of interacting with real, ordinary people so personally, even when separated by the walls of the parasocial relationship-

It's clearly a case of backroom political albumizing.
MasterJayAM Relationship Status: Married to the job
Feb 12th 2020 at 8:38:30 AM

Rebel Treble

Montalban: Des— Mr. Descartes. Charming as always.

The other members of the Geo Soc choir—but especially Jon and Tommy—are bewildered.

Jonathan: You two know each other?

Tommy: Hey, Mr. Descartes. I know enough about awkward meetings to know what this is about. I won't pry.

Jonathan: Desmond, Ms. Shirley. How... long have you two known one another?

Tommy: I'm a tell you this one time, Halliburton. Don't. Probe.

Jonathan: I'm just curious, is all. Let's just say, I'm familiar with a similar situation.

Tommy: So am I, but you don't see me whining about it.

Jonathan and suddenly also Jane: We doubt that.

Ms. Montalban: Besides, Jon. I do not kiss and tell. But if you must know, me and Mr. Descartes... had a history. A brief one.

Edited by MasterJayAM on Feb 22nd 2020 at 8:34:12 PM

AnimeboyIanpower Empathic Kid Hero-in-training from Queen Mary's Castle Relationship Status: Brewing the love potion
Empathic Kid Hero-in-training
Feb 12th 2020 at 10:38:21 AM

Motostoke, Outside Kwan Industries Office Building

Me: Um... hello?

-The Munna wakes up and hovers off of the car's roof.-

Munna: <Oh. Hello there.>

Me: Nice to meet you, Munna. I'm Ian and this is my friend, Evelyn.

Evelyn: Pleased to meet you.

Munna: <Nice to meet you both. I came here from the Wild Area because I noticed you both have big dreams, that I did!>

Me: So... you wanna come with us?

Munna: <Do I?>

Evelyn: I'll take that as a yes.

Munna: <But I'm only one Pokémon, and you are two trainers, meaning only one of you can catch me...>

-The Wild Munna looks at Evelyn-

Munna: <I can tell that Evelyn has allies the same type as me. Therefore, she should catch me!>

-The Wild Munna then looks at Ian.-

Munna: <However... I can tell that Ian has a fiery determination and unparalleled optimism. Therefore, he should catch me!>

-The Wild Munna looks at the ground, embarrassed.-

Munna: <What am I gonna do?>

-Evelyn prepares a Poké Ball.-

Me: Wait, Evelyn! I have a plan!

Evelyn: Oh? I'd like to hear it.

Me: Okay... Here's the plan...

-Ian whispers the plan into Evelyn's ear...-

Evelyn: Sounds like a great plan!

-Ian then checks the date on his Xtransceiver.-

Me: Yep. And the timing's great, too!

Evelyn: Huh? What do you mean?

Me: Well, today is February 12th... and two days from now is...

-Evelyn gasps as a faint red fades into her cheeks.-

Me: Alright, Munna...

-Ian prepares a Poké Ball.-

Me: Would you like to go with me?

Munna: <Sure!>

Me: Thank you!

-Ian throws the Poké Ball at the wild Munna.-

-The Ball bounces off of the wild Munna, opening and pulling the Munna into it before falling to the ground.-

-WOBBLE!-

-WOBBLE!-

-WOBBLE!-

-CLICK!-

-Ian picks up the Poké Ball, and holds it high over his head!-

Me: Yatta! I caught a Munna!

Piku-chan: <Way to go, Ian!>

Me: So, what should we name it?

Evelyn: Hmm... How about Yumi? It sounds like Yume, which is Japanese for Dream.

Me: Yeah! Yumi it is!

-Evelyn scans Yumi's Ball with her Pokédex.-

Pokédex Number: 517

Munna

Nickname: Yumi

Gender: ♀

Type: Psychic

Ability: Forewarn

Moves: Psychic, Moonblast, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Calm Mind

Evelyn: Interesting moves this Munna has.

Me: I know... I'm sure she'll love being with you, Evelyn.

Yumi, from inside the ball: <I get to go with Evelyn as well? Yay!>

Evelyn: Now we need to ask the chauffeur about where the Trading Station is in this city.

-Ian nods as he and Evelyn get into the car that waited for them.-

Show me the wisdom of the world... Tell me the secrets of the heart... and the sweet~ mysteries~ of love~...
EchoingSilence The Masked Commissar from Space Station Relationship Status: Robosexual
The Masked Commissar
Feb 12th 2020 at 12:53:53 PM

Hammerlocke

Silas turned a corner, Roxy following, "So... remind me again what we're doing?"

Silas stopped and looked at her, "I... already explained this. Weren't you paying attention?"

"Well I was but then Muggy insisted on more hugs and then I got hungry so I zoned out thinking about your coo-"

It was times like this that Silas had to remind himself that Roxy was originally a Pokemon, "Okay... So... where should I start?"

"Why we're in Hammerlocke."

Silas sighed, "Okay. There have been reports of odd anomalies out here, sightings involving what looks to be a snow covered landscape despite there not being snow around, or buildings clearly not involved with Hammerlocke. If I had to wager a guess, the universe is winding up a curveball at us," Silas explained.

"And since we're on rumor hunting again, you're seeking it out?"

"Yep."

Hacks smiled, ~It's good to get back to basics, be inquisitive and skeptical, question what is real and what isn't.~

<It's also nice to walk more,> Amber added, <Gotta keep in shape.>

Conroy chuckled, <Have you seen his shoulders, he gets any more in shape he can apply to be a dorito.>

Byleth stepped along, <Think it may be a way home Dimitri?>

<I hope,> Dimitri admitted, <Though I fear for our future.>

<With what we know, we may avert that dark fate,> Byleth added.

Silas turned another corner, pDroid out and scanning the environment, Bishop giving periodic updates, Silas stopped and looked down a old alleyway, "This is where most of the reports come in. Bishop initiate a wide spectrum scan, Hacks, see if you can find anything."

The pDroid's scanner clicked into gear scanning the enviroment, and Hacks closed his eyes and took a deep breath, extending his senses, the lekku on his head floating, ~There's something here.~

"Confirmed Captain. There is a anomaly similar to the bridge-tunnels formed by Asimov technology though this one seems more naturally occuring.

Silas blinked and stepped forward, it opened, before him was a shimmering whirlpool floating in the air, a desolate wasteland of snow and ice in it, Silas blinked and extended his right hand forward... and was shocked to see it turn into a Lucario paw on the other side... he could feel the fur and bone spike in the cold air. Silas retracted his hand, stared at it, turned to the others.

Roxy just stared back, her face somewhere between glee and horror, "We need to go in there."

Silas just nodded in confirmation, "We'll have to plan a expedition."

FOR THE IMPERIUM Icon done by: Miss Cheese Ham
BittersweetNSour I'm In Charge Now Relationship Status: Holding out for a hero
I'm In Charge Now
Feb 12th 2020 at 6:01:41 PM

Stormchaser Assault — December

-The Thunder Waves make Carna tense up in agitation, but luckily it's effective in preventing her from lashing out further. She keeps struggling, though, as PEFE!Every begins to talk.-

Carna: <   ...   >

-At first, it doesn't seem like it works. She trembles against the paralysis, staggering to one side.-

-And then the fury starts to fade, making way for a very scared, panicked brute of a mutated Salazzle.-

-She looks around frantically. At PEFE!Every, at Logan, at the flames being put out. Jevil peers in from just outside the door, hidden just enough that Carna's attention doesn't lock onto him again.-


-The Black Hole Eclipse and Hyper Voice tear through the cloud of ghosts, along with a Blizzard delivered by Jianhuren. Robinson yells in pain.-

╓───────────────────────────────────────╢ DOCTOR VALENTINA ROBINSON ╟────────────────────────────────────────╖ 
╠╡ SOULS ╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████║
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡ 54/108 ╞╝

-It takes a moment for her to catch her breath well enough to utter any comprehensible words.-

Dr. Robinson: Y-you... will not take thiiss aawwaayy ffrroom me...

Echo: I'm not certain we need to. I can't claim to know anything about these Phantom Thieves, but as I understand it, they're doing the real work while you're distracting yourself with us.

-A flurry of ghosts lash out at Jianhuren, Sylveon, and Botuli. It's no focused move, just attacks for the sake of attacks. One might possibly call it Struggle, if we wanted to put names to them. Jianhuren is thoroughly battered by the barrage, but remains standing.-

Chateau d'Avarice

Paula: Are ya kidding? I'm doing all this to take back my own goddamn house, I ain't dying any time soon.

-Runaway takes a breath as she's healed, and looks up at Shadow Robinson.-

Runaway: Good. All right, new plan, anyone with any Ghost or Dark attack, use it on Robinson. If you don't, keep the beast occupied. That means you too, Paula.

Paula: Yeah, yeah, whatever.

-New Moon's Beast is once again preoccupied by Nemean Lion and Kaguya, and decides to keep pursuing the more heavily injured of the two, slashing at the Lion with a Poison Jab. Bluetongue and Maui both focus their attention on Robinson, delivering a pair of Crunches while the various other attacks connect.-

╓────────────────────────────────────╢ DOCTOR VALENTINA PLUTUS ROBINSON ╟────────────────────────────────────╖ 
╠╡ HP ╞══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Shadow Robinson:    Grrr... if you're so valuable, I'll just have to take you myself!   

Runaway: Fucking try it.

-The hands claw their way up Runaway's body as well as Bluetongue's, making her wince in pain. She clenches her fists and digs her heels into the ground as well as she can to resist the pulling.

Funny trick we've pulled, making her think we matter worth a damn.

Oh. It's you again.

Edited by BittersweetNSour on Feb 12th 2020 at 9:06:45 AM

I am thou, thou art I.
Umbramatic Ashen Wolf from WAAPT usually, sometimes WHABP or maybe PEFE Relationship Status: Giving love a bad name
Ashen Wolf
Feb 12th 2020 at 6:03:11 PM

Chateau D'Avarice, December 2019

-Nemean Lion skids back, then goes for an Ice Fang instead-

Stormchaser, December 2019

Alex: Wait, we're the DISTRACTION? Insulting.

Motostoke

Gaius: Gotta say, Purple Nurple, that is ...Intriguing.

-he takes out his egg-

I just have this egg. You think they'll steal an egg?

[NHS]

H. G. Cross: ...The J-Team? Here?! In this very rEGION?!

Turffeild

Merlin: -making a :3c face- I do believe I've seen you at that wedding party.

Edited by Umbramatic on Feb 12th 2020 at 9:09:00 AM

Contact Me!
AspenKarch A Blind In One Eye, Paralyzed Vocal Cord, Female from Earth Relationship Status: Chocolate!
A Blind In One Eye, Paralyzed Vocal Cord, Female
Feb 12th 2020 at 6:05:16 PM

Turffield Pokemon Center

'I think I'm ready for my first gym battle.' -She healed up her team at the counter and left-

Turffield, near Stadium

'I guess this is it. Well, let's do this!' -She went inside-

Turffield Stadium

'Wow! It's huge in here!' -She made her way towards the counter to challenge the gym leader-

Receptionist: "Hello! Are you going to challenge the grass type leader Milo?"

"Yes, I am"

"Okay! I just need your name"

"Aspen Karch"

"Alight, thanks, you need to change into your uniform, there are changing rooms to the right."

"Ok thanks!" -Aspen went towards the changeing room and changed into her uniform-

"Now, in order to battle the gym leader, you have to complete a challenge, which is inside the stadium. Just beyond those doors are the room to the challenge and the gym leader. Good luck!"

"Thanks!" -She entered the challenge room-

Edited by AspenKarch on Feb 12th 2020 at 8:14:14 AM

Trope Love 4ever!
memyselfandI2 Vector from The Biosphere Relationship Status: The vvillage twwo-wwheeled devvice
Vector
Feb 12th 2020 at 8:54:48 PM

Stormchaser, December 2019

PEFE!Every: I—

Did that work?

...Wait, is that Logan?

-Dazzle continues putting out fires-

PEFE!Every: I know I've caused you a lot of difficulty! And you're dealing with a complicated situation! But we can work this out, one scientist to another.

You just need to focus on whatever you used to, to keep yourself stable, and uh...this is Logan they can help? Maybe? They'd certainly better, if they're here.

-she frowns at Logan-

Motostoke

Ever: A crest stone? No, it's a Key Stone, it's for Mega Evolution.

Scramble: <c:>

Oracle: -is pat-

-blink-

-crest wiggle, brief color-flicker-

<...They are kind of cute, aren't they?>

Scramble: <:V>

-a few more Dreepy join the swarm, hovering in circles and sniffing back at Vee, looking nervous-

Ever: Oh! Logan! Hi!

Brie: Logan?

PEFE!Every: Logan.

Tara: <...> (delightedly) <You're on a cloud!>

Edited by memyselfandI2 on Feb 13th 2020 at 1:55:31 AM

Sometimes what's needed is a change in perspective.
QuantumMelody29 Ridiculously Human Robot from somewhere you will never find me. Relationship Status: Get out of here, STALKER
Feb 13th 2020 at 2:54:45 AM

Motostoke

Violet: I have no idea. I don't even know who they are. I'm assuming they wanted Copper because she's a delta pokemon though.

-A male Meowstic is watching intently.-

meanwhile in the wild area

-Lila and Eva are looking at the entrance of a pokemon den.-

Eva: Aww, come on, this one's empty too!

-A group of three are blown out of a nearby den.-

Raider 1: Hey could one of you guys come help us defeat this Dwebble!

-Eva steps forward.-

Eva: Sure!

Raider 2: Okay, let's go again!

-They all jump into the den.-

An unfortunate Dwebble: <Go away, I'm trying to sleep!>

-Some rock debris fly out of the den.-

Raider 1: My Salazzle!

Raider 2: Solrock, use rock polish!

Raider 3: Wobuffet, mirror coat now!

Eva: But that was a physical attack!

-A few minutes later, everyone is blown out of the den again.-

Raider 2: Come on guys, let's try again! We'll get it this time!

Eva: Sorry, I just realised we have to go do a thing. Come on, Lila!

-Eva hurriedly pulls Lila away.-

Elsewhere in the wild area, a bit later

Eva: Oh my Arceus those guys were idiots!

Lila: I just hope that Dwebble gets the sleep they wanted...

I'd make a webcomic but I can't draw. You should check out my deviantart! https://www.deviantart.com/quantummelo
Pentigan Fwomph from The Underverse
Fwomph
Feb 13th 2020 at 3:49:21 AM

Avaricious Houseparty

Yep, just handle cleanup. We've got this.

-Really there isn't anything for Rakash to do right now aside from Heal Pulse at people who need it-

Anthem: <Mkay, guess I'll beat down the moon whatever then.>

-Eris goes for a High-Jump Kick on the Salazzle-monster. Mimic is still trying to devour the Shadow with sickening Crunches-

[Unmentioned Social Media Platform]

Cooking Curry In The Wild Area, Chillout Session

-Hand-held camera work, tilting up over the rim of a trio of camping crockpots; a large one full of simmering curry, another of the same side with the lid on presumably cooking rice and a third smaller one containing some torchic meat on the broil-

Mmmf, look at that. Bubbling away nicely. It's kinda dead simple once you've got the mix going and the berries in, and the smell is just mmmmmm-!

-Gale turns the camera around and smiles into it-

Don't worry the meat's just for the humie. Cause I've got a-let's see...

-She turns the camera around again and points it to her team milling around near the tent, she points and zooms in on Snom-

Abrasive herbivore.

-Then Millie-

Grazing herbivore.

-James-

I'm not sure but like... Micro-insectivore?

-And Acolyte-

And a scavenger quasi-omnivore?

-She spins back to herself and shrugs-

I'm not one-hundred-percent sure but either way I'm keeping the meat to myself till I'm sure. Curry's still excellent without it. And I think it's ready; dinner's on, team!

-She sets the camera down on the table as her Pokemon run over to get their servings. Gale sets out four small bowls of curry and rice on the ground before ladling herself a decently-sized serving to which she adds the chicken-

So yeah, a pretty stock Galaran curry with a little extra treat for the trainer. Hope you all enjoyed watching me make it!

-She shoots the camera another smile before starting on eating her dinner-

It's clearly a case of backroom political albumizing.
EchoingSilence The Masked Commissar from Space Station Relationship Status: Robosexual
The Masked Commissar
Feb 13th 2020 at 8:28:30 AM

Chateau D'Avarice

Silas rolled his head and shook his shoulders a bit, "Alright. Got a lot of moves on hand."

"So many to choose... Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw, Poison jab... hrmmmmmmmmmm...

Silas looked at Knight, "So we don't know?"

"Let's just use them all!

Knight launched off into the air, his blade igniting in the ethereal aura again, flying right towards Plutus!Robinson, intent on stabbing out her eyes.

FOR THE IMPERIUM Icon done by: Miss Cheese Ham
OPALGARNET16 Priest of the Temple of Syrinx from Nighttree, New Jersey Relationship Status: Abstaining
Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Feb 13th 2020 at 10:45:28 AM

The Rebel Treble, a few days ago

(Kim waves farewell to Ian, and then turns to her Pokemon.)

Kim: "Well, then... in the meantime, I feel as though we should get to practicing our songs for this battle that's happening." (she looks up) "Of course, Rever, Hikari, Barrett, Shunner, and... the other one... are likely going to be going all out in the battle. So... we should probably hit them with something big."

Dio: <"Big?">

Kaylan: <What do you mean, "big"?>

Kim: (smirks) "Oh... simple." (then, in a whisper) "We're going to use Rever's specialty- long and difficult songs- against him."

Geddy: <Hm... I think I might have an idea...>

Kim: "Oh? What is it?"

(Geddy promptly goes up to Kim and whispers something in her ear. Upon hearing it, she smirks with delight.)

Kim: "Geddy... you are a genius."

Elton: (excitedly) <What? What is it?>

Kim: "We're doing-"

Elton: <BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY?!>

Kim: "...no."

Elton: (sinks) <Awww...>

Kaylan: <Then... what is it?>

(Kim smirks, then whispers something in Dio's ear. Upon hearing the song in question, all of the Pokemon in the band gasp in shock.)

Dio: (stunned) <NO—!>

Kim: (smirking) "Yes."

Edited by OPALGARNET16 on Feb 13th 2020 at 8:18:16 AM

Hi, I’m oghond, and I’m a Rushaholic. Sorry if I annoy you unintentionally. 😅
Feb 13th 2020 at 1:55:20 PM

The GM House

-Ludmilla was tired, as tends to happen when one gets about four hours of sleep every day between talking to you long dead ancestor-sister and going into the bizarre innards of a coagulating mental stew.-

-This, as well as the unexpected surge of pride from Vinegar, left her vulnerable to being dragged along behind the taller of her Mom's two workers. Vinegar didn't say anything as she brought Ludmilla to the garage. She propped Ludmilla onto her feet and hit a button on her remote. The garage door started opening.-

-Now, Ludmilla wasn't all that knowledgeable about vehicles, that much she would admit, but the bizarre chimeric creation before her defied any sort of classification she could even think of. Hovering above the ground by a foot and a half was a... scooter? Motorcycle? Platform? Tenser's Floating Disc? Shaped like an arrowhead and with a chugging engine that spoke to both age and durability, the strange hybrid hover vehicle rumbled with potential as the engine idled.-

Vinegar: I call it the HDS-1. "Hover Diesel Star". Twitch said it looked like a star from a racing game she played one time. And... I made it for you.

-Ludmilla stepped forward, reaching out a hand to the bizarre amalgam of scrap. The sharp angles of the front eased into a more rounded and smooth "cockpit" behind the windshield, though the seat looked far more suited for a motorcycle than a car. A quick look at the massive engine powering the rear thrusters and bottom hover thrusters confirmed that it had indeed been a design decision out of necessity, since the controls for those old engines were as hardwired into the engine as a leg was to a person, and converting them to something more appropriate would likely damage the engine beyond repair.-

Vinegar: Now, aside from painting and detailing... we also need a test drive.

-Ludmilla pointed to herself. Vinegar nodded.-

AspenKarch A Blind In One Eye, Paralyzed Vocal Cord, Female from Earth Relationship Status: Chocolate!
A Blind In One Eye, Paralyzed Vocal Cord, Female
Feb 13th 2020 at 4:55:30 PM

Turffield Stadium, Challenge Room

-She noticed some Wooloo just waiting to move-

Referee: "Welcome to the Turffield Stadium! The challenge here is to hoard all of the Wooloo into an area that is blocked but only the Wooloo can break. Hoard them all in the spot and you'll move on. Later on, there will be a Yamper to help hoard the Wooloo. Good luck!"

Aspen: "Thanks!"

-She went down the stairs and noticed 20 Wooloo waiting-

Wooloo: <Another gym challenger. Nice.>

Aspen: "Alight Wooloo! C'mon lets go!" -She ran towards the horde, causing the Wooloo to roll into the first gate, which they rolled to break down-

Aspen: "Aww, thats so cute! Alright guys, next gate!" -She ran towards the horde again, some of the Wooloo went straight, some went to the left and right-

Aspen: "You guys at the gate, stay there, I'm going to get the rest" -She went back towards the right ones. She noticed a Yamper herding them into the next gate-

Yamper: <I lov dis job very happ doggo. Henlo Hooman am gud boi.>

Aspen: "Nice! I'm going to get the rest" -She went over to some of the stray Wooloo-

"Alight guys c'mon lets go." -The Wooloo's rolled towards the gate, then all of the Wooloo rolled, breaking the second gate-

"Last one, you got this Aspen" -She ran, causing the group to split up again- "Yamper you get one group, I'll get the other."

Yamper: <Okay hooman am gud boi iz.>

-She rounded up the group of Wooloo and they rolled to the final gate and destroyed the gate-

Referee: "Challenge cleared! You may go on to face the gym leader. Just beyond that hallway is the entrance for challengers. Good luck! Oh, and don't worry if your defeated, you don't have to do the entire challenge again. There is an area on the sides of the challenge room that allows people who've passed to the challenger entrance. Once again good luck!"

Aspen: "Thanks!"

'This is it!' -She slowly went into the hallway leading to the challenger entrance. She heard cheering that got louder and louder as she got closer to the entrance. She doubled checked Mushu's moves and made sure she was restored to full health. At last, she went into the stadium-

Trope Love 4ever!
Asterisk395 I'm BACK from Someplace that had a sun *and* a moon! Relationship Status: I've got a total eclipse of the heart
I'm BACK
Feb 13th 2020 at 7:06:11 PM

Stormchaser, Warm Winter

Logan: -dehydrated- Right, right...

-striving to be inarguably helpful in the middle of this burning airship, they pull a guitar from...somewhere-

-draw a power Line from it to Luxor, glance a beat at Jevil, somehow...set it to acoustic?-

-...tune it for a moment-

Phoebe: -...glance at Deim-

Deim: -...shrug?-

-and strum-

-it's not their best, mechanically-

-they're a bit distracted by all the fire and the encroaching Aura depletion and the weird tingle in the back of their head-

-but it sounds like an old house, haunted by the echoes of young ghosts-

(-meanwhile, a chain of Helping Hands makes its way to Pippy-)

Pippy: -absorbing energy- <...>

Addie: -watching- <...okay, now. Use>

-Addie says something, somehow inaudibly-

Pippy used True Water Sport!

-and a matterless wave of aqueous essence saturates the surroundings, tinged with regret-

-...hopefully extinguishing more of the fires that are left, and the remainder of the rage and fear-

Motostoke, Outside the Stadium

Byleth: Interesting.

-they make a mental note of each word they've never heard in that order before-

Vee: -fin-wiggle, slightly more lengthy color-flicker- <Interestin.'>

-also turning in circles to keep as many of them on her right side as possible, leans in...- <...they're adorbs.>

-and boops each of them on the nose, with her nose-

Vee: -but simultaneously- .3 .3 .3 .3 ,3 .3 .3

(Vee used Celebrate!)

-and confetti greeting graces this meeting-

Megan: Logan! :D

Logan: -grinning, at Tara- More or less.

-they step out onto the air, revealing that the cloud is a stick of Swirlix, all Copycat-ing...a core of one very confused Rookidee-

Rookidee: -sugar high- <Still dunno what's going on here, but I dig it.> @v@

Logan: -stepping down on...stairs?- brightly- Every! Ever! You look well!

Been keeping yourselves busy? ^_^

(-mission done, the cotton-candy puffs just fall to the ground and scurry away, to who knows what shenanigans-)

-to Brie- And I don't think I've met you before!

-holding out their hand- I am, as stated, Logan. It's a pleasure.

(-the Rookidee flutters along after them, chirping-)

Addie: -absorbs some static out of the air-

Edited by Asterisk395 on Feb 13th 2020 at 10:31:29 AM

We Are All So Delighted To Be Here~
AnimeboyIanpower Empathic Kid Hero-in-training from Queen Mary's Castle Relationship Status: Brewing the love potion
Empathic Kid Hero-in-training
Feb 13th 2020 at 7:21:24 PM

Motostoke Pokémon Center

Me: Well, here we are.

Evelyn: Yeah. And there's the trading station.

-Ian and Evelyn head over to the Trading Station.-

Me: Alright, I've got Yumi ready. Now I need to know what Pokémon you want to trade.

Evelyn: Well... Let's see...

-Evelyn thinks long and hard about it, when suddenly, Hanuman jumps outta his ball.-

Hanuman: <Aha? What have we here? A Pokémon Trade?>

Evelyn: Oh. Hanuman. Ian offered to trade his Munna, Yumi, to me, but I can't think of who I would want to trade away... As a matter of fact, I don't wanna trade ANY of my friends away... What do I do? WHAT DO I DO?!

Hanuman: <Trade me, Evelyn.>

Evelyn: Huh? Why?

Hanuman: <Ya wanna be a great Psychic Trainer, ah?>

Evelyn: That's right...

Hanuman: <Yeah, an' keepin' me around will only drive ya farther from that goal... I mean, I'm a Fire type and neither of my evolved forms are Psychic type.>

-Tears begin to flow from Evelyn's eyes...-

Evelyn: That just sounds like an insensitive reason for trading you away, Hanuman... You know I can't do that!

Hanuman: <Honestly, Ev... In our foist battle t'getha, I lost all control of myself. I lacked the discipline to control my Blaze... Maybe trainin' with Ian can help me learn that sort of discipline an' help me to be a better friend... Think about it... Even if ya DO trade me, I'll always be yer friend. So go right ahead.>

Evelyn: -nods as she wipes the tears from her eyes- Thank you, Hanuman...

Hanuman: <Eh, what are friends for?>

-Hanuman jumps back into his Poké Ball. Evelyn then looks at the Ball and nods.-

Evelyn: I've made my decision.

Me: Thank you for doing this trade with me.

-Ian and Evelyn place the Poké Balls containing Yumi and Hanuman on the two sides of the trading machine, then pull the Lever together.-

Sending Yumi to Evelyn...

Sending Hanuman to Ian...

-The Poké Balls get sucked into the machine, switch places, then dropped from the machine on the opposite side of each other.-

Evelyn has sent over Hanuman!

Ian has sent over Yumi!

Take good care of Hanuman!

Take good care of Yumi!

Me: -looking at Hanuman's ball- Thanks again for trading with me.

Evelyn: -looking at Yumi's ball- It was my pleasure.

Me: -looks up at Evelyn- Happy Valentine's Day.

Evelyn: -looks up at Ian- -laughs slightly and blushes a faint red.-

Me: Well... Now that that's outta the way... Whaddya say we head back to the Rebel Treble, get Kim, then sign up for the Gym Challenge as a team!

Evelyn: Sounds like a plan to me!

-Ian and Evelyn laugh as they leave the Pokémon Center and head back to the Rebel Treble.-

The Rebel Treble

-Ian and Evelyn step through the doors together.-

Me: We're back!

Edited by AnimeboyIanpower on Feb 13th 2020 at 10:22:13 AM

Show me the wisdom of the world... Tell me the secrets of the heart... and the sweet~ mysteries~ of love~...
OPALGARNET16 Priest of the Temple of Syrinx from Nighttree, New Jersey Relationship Status: Abstaining
Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Feb 13th 2020 at 7:29:32 PM

The Rebel Treble

Kim: "Ah! Ian! Evelyn! Delighted to see both of you again. I have some pretty big news regarding a fifth song I've selected for the Battle of the Bands... and it is big."

Dio: <Oh believe me... it's very big! It's going to knock Shadow Cast's socks off!>

Orwell: <Plusbig? The song is plusbig? What's the song? Who is the singprole?!>

Dio: <Band, actually.>

Orwell: <Well, who is it?>

Hi, I’m oghond, and I’m a Rushaholic. Sorry if I annoy you unintentionally. 😅
AnimeboyIanpower Empathic Kid Hero-in-training from Queen Mary's Castle Relationship Status: Brewing the love potion
memyselfandI2 Vector from The Biosphere Relationship Status: The vvillage twwo-wwheeled devvice
Vector
Feb 13th 2020 at 7:42:32 PM

Motostoke

Ever: (confidently, to Byleth) You get me.

-Oracle blinks at Vee's own camouflage function-

-Scramble looks puzzled as confetti rains on them-

-then the Dreepy all swarm Vee, flitting around and phasing into her, letting out small chirps-

Oracle: <Careful. Ever's got them trained out of biting for the most part, but there's the occasional accident.>

Scramble: <:c>

Oracle: <Say what you like.>

Ever: (grinning at Logan) Busy is a word for it. We've been dealing with Galarian customs for the last month because someone

PEFE!Every: Those could have been anyone's bacterial cultures.

Cytosol: <That's not true. I'm naturally immune.>

Ever: —had no ID.

PEFE!Every: Oh. Right. Anyway, hello.

Cytosol: -squish squish-

PEFE!Every: How have you been?

Brie: Oh! Um...

-she glances at this small electric person, with their bird-

...I'm Brie.

-they shake Logan's hand, wincing slightly at static-

Ever: (to Logan) Another cousin. She's where I picked up my self-care-enforcement skills. ^_^

Brie: Ever!

-Ever ignores her in favor of examining the Rookidee curiously-

You are small and round. May I pet you?

Sometimes what's needed is a change in perspective.
OPALGARNET16 Priest of the Temple of Syrinx from Nighttree, New Jersey Relationship Status: Abstaining
Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Feb 13th 2020 at 7:44:38 PM

The Rebel Treble

Kim: (smirking) "Alright, then... here goes nothing."

(She walks up to Ian and whispers:)

Kim: "We're singing [Rush]'s '[Headlong Flight]'."

Edited by OPALGARNET16 on Feb 14th 2020 at 3:59:04 PM

Hi, I’m oghond, and I’m a Rushaholic. Sorry if I annoy you unintentionally. 😅

Total posts: 565,949
Top

How well does it match the trope?

Example of:

/

Media sources:

/

Report