- Continuity Lock-Out: You can play VLR with no previous experience with 999 and still grasp most of the story, although a few characters won't have as great of an impact. Try and play ZTD without playing both previous games, though, and you'll be hopelessly lost.
- Ending Aversion: After playing the first two, most people will want to play the third to clear up all those cliffhangers, so the ending doesn't actually get avoided, but most would agree that ZTD doesn't measure up to the other games due to not being the all-questions-answered Grand Finale the previous game and Word of God implied.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The series is made in Japan, but has much better sales in the West than in its homeland. This resulted in development on the third game being delayed, as Spike Chunsoft felt that the Japanese sales were not good enough to justify funding it.
- Memetic Mutation: Anything about temporal ass pain, TAPers, or an ass slap puzzle. Explanation
- Narm: The idea of a snail indirectly killing 6 billion humans is probably either Crossing the Line Twice or this. the Zero Escape wikis page on it helps make it funnier.
YMMV / Zero Escape