- Awesome Music: "Clarity", "Codec", "Stars Come Out", "Stay the Night", "Addicted to a Memory", "Follow You Down", the Legend of Zelda remix... take your pick.
- Broken Base: There's a split between the fans that miss his earlier electro-house influenced material that is seen in Clarity and his earlier EPs and singles, and those that embrace his more pop-influenced sound that is prominently featured in True Colors and after.
- Fandom-Enraging Misconception: His name is Zedd, not DJ Zedd as some media outlets have recently taken to calling him.
- Funny Moments: Zedd trolls his audience.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Or rather, Americans Love Zedd. He's one of the most popular DJs in the United States, but his success back home has been extremely limited and he is seen as just another electro house DJ. For example, his sophomore album True Colors debuted in the Top 5 on the U.S. album charts, but in Germany it only barely made the Top 50!
- Hilarious in Hindsight: When the title track of Zedd's sophomore album True Colors was first premiered, many people mistook the singer to be Kesha, and the track even listed her as a feature on it before the error was corrected. A year after the album was released, not only did Kesha sing the song live during Zedd's Coachella set, True Colors was actually re-released as a single with Kesha's vocals replacing the original uncredited one. Doubles both as this, Heartwarming in Hindsight, and as a massive Moment of Awesome for Zedd for helping Kesha get back on her feet after her publicized trial against her manager Dr. Luke (whom she accused of sexually abusing her).
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The pop influenced sound and collaborations with pop stars like Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber that has defined his material from certain tracks on Clarity and onward has had its share of detractors who miss the electro house releases from earlier on in his career.
- Signature Song: "Clarity" may well be his most well known mainstream hit, but "Beautiful Now", "I Want You To Know", "Stay the Night", and "Spectrum" are among that list as well. There's also many non-radio hits from True Colors that personify Zedd's musical influence, which includes the likes of "Addicted to a Memory", "Bumble Bee", "Transmission", "Papercut", and "Daisy".
YMMV / Zedd