- Adaptation Displacement: It was adapted from an Argentine comic book known as Henga, el cazador. Said comic book is well known as Yor in Italy.
- Furthermore, the 90 minute American dub is far more known than the four hour Italian miniseries.
- Award Snub: In an odd Razzie example, the film wasn't nominated for Worst Picture at the 1983 Awards, despite the fact that the Razzies did nominate it for several other categoriesnote , so they did know about it.
- Awesome Music: Quoted at the top of the main page.
- John Scott's score also has its share of fans.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The House of Mirrors scene.
- Cliché Storm
- Crazy Awesome: The infamous hang-glider bat scene, of course!
- Critical Research Failure: A carnivorus triceratops?!
- Ear Worm: That opening theme will never, ever leave your ears when you hear it.
- Ham and Cheese: John Steiner as the Overlord makes for some great campy fun.
- Inferred Holocaust: Yor commits genocide on five civilizations over the course of the film! Even the people he was trying to rescue, he drowns.
- It Was His Sled: The film is actually set in a far off future that regressed to the stone age. It's to the point where it's the title of the film.
- Memetic Mutation: "We will need a lot more hemp before we're through."
- "Help me cut the choice meats".
- And, once again, the opening theme.
- Narm: Too much clunky dialogue to count.
- Big tough guy Yor who does this sort of girly walk down hills.
- The bat-hang-glider scene is so absurd it crosses the line to Narm Charm.
- The trapeze scene. You can't take it seriously.
- So Bad, It's Good: Summed by Noah Antwiler, you'll either say this film is this, or "more painful than bleeding hemorrhoids."
- Special Effect Failure: EVERYTHING to Narm Charm levels, especially those paper maché dinosaurs. Not to mention Yor - or rather, an action figure done up like Yor - swinging over a pit.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: For as hokey as 99% of the film's effects are, the shot of the spaceship flying away at the end is actually very well done.
YMMV / Yor: The Hunter from the Future