- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Mac Tonight, an originally harmless advertising mascot who was turned into the evil Moon Man.
- Doc Louis and Little Mac training◊ in the NES version of Punch-Out!! became Little Mac pursuing Doc the bike thief with "Nigga stole my bike!" To the point that the 2009 Wii remake added a scene stating that the bike did belong to Doc.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Following eBaum's stealing of one of their site pictures, YTMND users managed to unite 4chan, Something Awful, Newgrounds, The Clock Crew, FARK and several other websites. They then raided the living hell out of the place for a couple of days. Disproportionate Retribution? Exceedingly. Awesome? Hell yes. It isn't that they trolled the hell out of a site that's awesome; it's the fact that they organized a raid of that magnitude and united several rival websites to do it.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: A lot of users decided they liked the music used for fads, resulting in another user, fyrestorm, creating a soundtrack for the website. It's got more than 10 collected volumes to date!
- Harsher in Hindsight: This YTMND was uploaded seven years before the Edward Snowden scandal revealed that the NSA has been doing these kinds of things all along.
- Memetic Molester: Brian Peppers.
- Memetic Mutation: The site thrives off this, but is more prone to calling them fads. Some of the memes in YTMND have escaped to the other internet too. Its wiki provides information of the more famous of them.
- Misaimed Fandom: The Forgot Poland Army was formed to create intentionally bad YTMNDs that made fun of the actual bad, no-effort ones. Soon after, it became what it was making fun of, which led into creation of KHANTMND.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Opinion Myopia:
- The user Umfuld, who thinks only the kinds of sites he makes are any good and anyone who makes different kinds of sites is deliberately trolling and trying to ruin YTMND, and he does things like automatically downvoting the sites of every user he doesn't like using multiple alternate accounts because of this
- This was also the reasoning of the famed user "inkdrinker", who believed that the only YTMND's that were any good followed the original site's mission of "picture, text, sound". He downvoted thousands of pages that included videos, effects, soundclips that went on longer than a few seconds or anything that bucked the trend of the original sites.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Many people have this reaction every time Max changes the site layout and color scheme.
YMMV / YTMND