- Acceptable Targets: Backyard Wrestling, "Trash Baggers", the ECW Zombie, the McMahon family, Pirate Paul Burchill, disregarding kayfabe and the Invasion angle just to name a few.
- Bile Fascination: Most fans end up checking out the things that Zane pans, which he has jokingly expressed frustration of on Twitter.
- Broken Base: His video on the Rodman Down Under event was a guest review with Phelous, and while fans of Phelous found the video pretty amusing, people who are only fans of Zane and unfamiliar with Phelous' style of comedy took to the comments to complain.
- Critical Research Failure: In his Heroes of Wrestling review, he claims that "Mini Bundy" (a man seen at ringside through the show that resembled King Kong Bundy, albeit much smaller than him) is the promoter of the show, Bill Stone. While it is a popular misconception,note "Mini Bundy"'s real name is Michael Henry. Bill Stone was slimmer and has more hair for starters. Also, we saw Michael Henry before the main event (he was the valet in the pre-match promos between Tully Blanchard and Stan Lane).
- Crosses the Line Twice:
- "The Rock says damn that cow looks sexy!"
- "It's the magic of rape!" *Ding(?)*
- Zane manages to pull this in an episode of Kayfabe Kitchen, as the recipe he tries is grilled steak... by Chris Benoit:Zane: To tenderize the steak, poke it repeatedly with a knife. [Zane is shown doing so, with a uncomfortable look on his face] Look, I know this is not how it happened, but it still feels weird, okay?
Zane: [regarding the recipe saying that the steak should be left to marinate at least one day, three being ideal] Wow, left it marinate for that long? Hm, why not? I'll use the time to catch up on my text m— [stammers] My text messages. Man...note
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment:
- His Top 8 Worst Kane Storylines has him saying that the WWE likes to turn their Wrestling Monsters into harmless comic relief and ends it with "You're next, Alexander Rusev!". This one was sort of zig-zagged in that Rusev did eventually get a comedic gimmick, Rusev Day, but that one actually got him the most over he's ever been in his WWE career. On the other hand, however, he was subjected to questionable angles rivaling those of Kane, the most panned of them being the Cuckold storyline of his wife Lana cheating on him with Bobby Lashley, until Rusev was released in 2020.
- The cameo appearance by The Whole F'n Show in the "Donald Trump in WWE" episode is hard to watch for some due to the bad blood between Kevin Scampoli of TWFS and Brian Zane and the backlash it gained.note
- Jim Cornette's appearances on the channel can be hard to watch after Cornette blocked Zane on Twitter after Zane gave his two cents on a discussion about comedy wrestling (Cornette being fervently against it, while Zane does enjoy it),note especially considering that Jim's first appearance on the channel consisted of him punching Zane dressed as Vince Russo.
- In the "Forgotten Ruthless Aggression Wrestlers" list, Gavin Spears is one of the mentioned wrestlers, but Zane tells the audience not to feel bad about him while doing Tye Dillinger's "10" taunt, referencing the fact that Spears was released from WWE only to be re-signed as Dillinger, and at the time of the video's release was having a good run on NXT. However, after the video was released, Dillinger was drafted to SmackDown, where in contrast he would flounder around the card until requesting his release in 2019.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- In his review of Heroes of Wrestling, Zane mentions that, despite being advertised to be there, Gordon Solie was not present due to his declining health. He then says that, giving that Heroes of Wrestling went on to be remembered as one of the worst wrestling pay-per-views ever, "getting sick was the smartest decision [Solie] could've made". This kicks in when one remembers that, only nine months after the show, Solie died from throat cancer.
- In his Top 8 Worst Gimmick Matches, Zane shows a video of a scaffold match in XPW to say why they never do this type of match, with him saying at the end, "Well, if he's not dead, wrestling sure is." The problem is that this particular video can bring back memories of the infamous New Jack vs. Vic Grimes match, which it is well known for New Jack deliberately overthrowing Grimes as payback for blinding him in one eye, almost killing him. Luckily, Grimes only sustained a broken ankle.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks!:
- Zane got some flak for considering Pro Wrestling a bad game.
- Some fans have panned him for his dislike of Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick, as there's fans who liked the gimmick (and took Vince McMahon cancelling it supposedly because he didn't know about the Pirates of the Caribbean moviesnote as a sign of being out of touch).note
- Brought up in the opening sketch for the Eddiesplotation episode, where both Triple H and, "the rest of the internet, apparently", disliked the fact that Zane put Lita's theme as an "Honorable Mention" in the Top 8 Worst Wrestling Themes video.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Brian's "Braysanity" skit (in which Bray Wyatt, played by Zane, advocates exercising) seems a whole lot funnier, given Wyatt's later Firefly Fun House segments, one of which included the "Muscle Man Dance", in which Wyatt... advocates exercising. And no, the similarities were not lost on Zane when he reported on the latter skit.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Mike the Maleficent Love Machine's "Dick Kick City". There's even a T-shirt for it.
- "She's a stunt granny" from the review of Exposed! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets
- Older Than They Think: In Top 8 Worst Debuts, he mentions that The Gobbledy Gooker debuted in Survivor Series 1990, the same event as The Undertaker, and says, "What if The Undertaker was supposed to come out of that egg?". This joke becomes funnier when you find out that there used to be a rumor that Mark Calaway, the man who portrays The Undertaker, was supposed to be the guy coming out of that egg. In an interview with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in 2019, The Untertaker revealed that even he himself thought that he would debut by coming out of the egg.
YMMV / Wrestling With Wregret