- Cliché Storm: Intentional in "Don't Dimension It".
- Fridge Logic: Porter's hat disappearing in Kung-Fu World.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: No one is equal. If someone tells you to get out of their chair, get out because it is, in fact theirs, and no one has the right to change or challenge that. If someone-even an angel-does challenge it they deserve to have their things stolen until they get back into line of the established order.
- Funny Moments: Several, but especially one from episode 2x03:Malone: I have a new car! A shiny shiny shiny new car!
- Growing the Beard: From Season 2 onward.
- Harsher in Hindsight: While Porter and Carl are best friends in this series, both actors would move on to Degrassi: The Next Generation and their relationship in that series was a lot harsher. Dylan Everett's character would end up killing himself and Joyette's would deal with a ton of Survivor's Guilt.
YMMV / Wingin It