- Heartwarming Moments: Lucia appears to disapprove of her son being a genin, but he actually has a fever. What happens next shows that Lucia isn't the cold and calculating woman she seems to have been portrayed as.
- Rina completely shatters Sasuke's defenses when she goes in to hug him after being successfully rescued.
- Ino comforting Sakura after she and Sasuke fought over her unexpected pregnancy. At the same time, Ino also offers her sincere friendship to Lucia, who had spent most of her life friendless.
- Doubles as a Tear Jerker, when Lucia is placed under a genjutsu by Sasuke, she sees her (then) kidnapped daughter Rina, safe in the arms of Itachi. She was be absolutely relieved and overjoyed that he was alive. When she realised it was all an illusion, she could only hold on to him, crying while declaring that she had truly loved him.
- Heroic BSoD (or Villainous Breakdown):
- Sasuke's still in one, even after a long time has passed since the events of the manga ended (epilogue and Boruto aside). He's well on his way to getting better by the final chapter.
- One for Lucia, when she found out that Rina had been kidnapped by the Grass and is now held hostage by the Higher Houses.
- Moral Event Horizon: Sasuke seems to cross this in Chapter 23. Except it's a genjutsu.
- Marnix doesn't just crossed it but practically laughs as he does so.
- Squick: A large part of the chapter/s where the preparation to Ibiki's interview of Lucia, the interview itself, and its aftermath - where the mechanics and details of a BDSM-based relationship are discussed - probably qualifies.
- Tear Jerker: "He wanted you to pretend that you were ordinary people who loved each other."
- Also Yukio's Heroic Sacrifice.
- And Sasuke finally letting the memory of his brother go, with the help of Rina's music.
- Wham Line:Kakashi: Is Lucia a threat to Konoha?Cecile: Oh, yes.'''andRina: I can show you how to do Chidori.
YMMV / White Rain