- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Part of Amy's motivation for making Tails bored is that he might have a chance of being in Sonic Adventure 2. Indeed, Amy was only playable in the multiplayer mode in Battle, while Tails was a full-fledged player character.
- The use of swearing in the cutscenes. "Damn" this, "damn" that, and then came Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Amy fires dolls of herself during the final battle. Sonic Mania happens to also feature dolls of her as an hazard.
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny: The game may look very dated now and frankly it plays rather badly, but before the dawn of Sonic fangames with more elaborate physics it was one of the most popular due to its creative level objectives, amusing plot and good amount of content.
- That One Level: Clone Valley Zone, where you have to hunt down several Tails clones. Lampshaded after the first act:Tails: Hmm. You found them all then.
Tails: Yes? Is that all you have to say?
Sonic: It's all that damn level deserves.
- Also, Minimalist Madness Act 2, where you have to navigate a level completely in the dark. The strange dots help a little.
YMMV / When Tails Gets Bored