- Harsher in Hindsight: Discussing the odd trend of making black cast sitcoms out of Neil Simon plays, Hofstede says he looks forward to Brighton Beach Memoirs with Bernie Mac, just four years before Mac's untimely death.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Seeing the AMC entry on the list, given how dramatically the network's reputation has reversed in the years since. note
- The mention of Super Bowl I being erased by two networks after the NFL was able to recover enough footage to recreate the broadcast in celebration of Super Bowl 50. Might also qualify as Heartwarming in Hindsight.
- Hofstede's wish for reality TV to go the same way as the TV western would come true a few years later.
- The entry on Wonder Woman (1974) is a twofer, as later came an even more notorious failed pilot, and Hofstede ends the entry by pessimistically viewing the rumored feature film, when her eventual arrival on the big screen was a smash success.
- The entry on Season 2 of Twin Peaks, which has largely been Vindicated by History after the airing of the show's highly-acclaimed third season in 2017.
- The inclusion of Colby losing to Tina in Survivor's second season - she is far from the most controversial winner nowFor Example... . She's even been Vindicated by History.
- The inclusion of "Professor Price", a retired pricing game from The Price Is Right is this in the sense that, having been won both times it was played, it is the only pricing game with a perfect win streak.
YMMV / What Were They Thinking? The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History