- Angst? What Angst?: Ultimatepheer's dwarven alter ego seems surprisingly unaffected by the death of his only son at the hands of what is basically an ugly monkey.
- Demonic Spiders: Three-eyed demons and earwig monsters, nightmarish doom-engines that break down doors. One earwig monster managed to kill no less than three legendary war-dwarves.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Any non-player dwarf mentioned by name, but particularly Adil Aristcatten and Urist Nishsodel.
- Funny Moments: Most of Count Dorku's krutzing turns were filled with these. One particular moment comes from the very end of fishcicles' second turn: after many pages of the aforementioned operation SLAYER, filled with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann references, an unnamed child crafts an adamantine flute containing a recursive engraving of itself spiralling on forever, which he decides to call Drillcrusher.
- Growing the Beard: Rotpar's turn, where the fortress shifts from being a happy little hamlet surrounded by murderfog to an ongoing battle against The Legions of Hell. In-Universe, this is a bad thing, but for the players themselves...
- Moment of Awesome: Operation SLAYER, which had fishsicles leading Waterburned in invading and conquering Hell. Hanging on to it, however, proved to be beyond his successors' ability.
- Name's the Same: The fort had two Rotpars, both of whom are now dead. Which is odd, because Rotpar isn't actually a dwarven name.
- The Woobie: Adil Aristcatten, an engraver/militia captain who's lost no less than three family members over the course of the fort. Could easily become a Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds if things go badly.
YMMV / Waterburned