- Archive Panic: Over 12,000 videos on the original channel, with 700 extra on Ms Mojo. They upload everyday, too.
- Face of the Band: Rebecca Brayton is the company's most distinctive voice-over host. Dan Paradis was also prominent, especially for the video game videos, until he left the company in 2019.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The "Top 10 Cameos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe" video featured Stan Lee on the thumbnail and listed him as #1. However, the video was released shortly after Lee passed away.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks!:
- WatchMojo received massive backlash for putting Gravity Falls on their "Top 10 Hated Disney Cartoons" video, feeling the show was "too dark" for younger audiences and somewhat formulaic. The backlash was so strong that it lead to WatchMojo apologizing for their choice, both in an annotation for the original video and in another video. Not only that, they would later give Gravity Falls the #3 spot on their list of the "Top 10 Cartoon Shows of the 2010s", as well as rank Dipper Pines at #6 on the "Top 10 Memorable TV Cartoon Characters of the 2010s So Far".
- Their "Top 10 Reason Why the Star Wars Prequels Suck" video received such a backlash, they had to retitle it "Top 10 Reason Why the Star Wars Prequels Are Hated". It didn't help much, as the video garnered over 18000 dislikes (against 3000 likes) in two weeks, and r/prequelmemes members flooded the comment section with parodied prequel quotes mocking the channel.
- "Stuck In 2D: Sonic The Hedgehog" has over 140 dislikes compared to over 130 likes, mostly due to the narrator calling Sonic Adventure 2 a bad game.
- Their "Top 10 Simpsons Jokes That Would NEVER Work On TV Now" list has over 6,500 dislikes compared to 4,300 likes. In general, pretty much any video that talks about works being problematic in the slightest tends to get a rather ugly.
- Their "Top 10 Disappointing Video Games of 2019 So Far" video garnered some backlash for including games such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, Rage 2 and Days Gone on their list.
- Their "Top 20 Disappointing Video Games of the Decade" put Death Stranding on the Nr. 14 position (and used an image of it as the thumbnail) because of the massive hype preceding the game's release and its more divisive reception afterwards, earning the video a fair amount of backlash (roughly 60% likes, 40% dislikes). However, the game also got an honorable mention on their list of "Top 10 Best Video Games of 2019" (even though the guy narrating the list says that nobody in the WatchMojo office liked the game).
- The "Top 10 Anticipated Movies That Are Already Hated (2019)" video was criticized for including Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Toy Story 4, and Frozen II, all of which are actually well liked.
- Their "Top 10 Best and Worst SpongeBob Video Games" list got a lot of backlash in the comments for placing Creature from the Krusty Krab as the fifth worst SpongeBob game, despite being very well liked in comparison to other SpongeBob games like Revenge of the Flying Dutchman or SpongeBob HeroPants (the former of which they called the fourth best SpongeBob game). Peter DeGiglio even recalls this on their Top 10 Video Games Where You Play as the Bad Guy list (it which they called it #10 on the list).
- There are also rare cases of He Didn't Pan It, Now He Sucks:
- While their "Top 10 Cartoon Shows of the 2010s" video is well-liked for the most part, it still got over 1000 dislikes for including Teen Titans Go! in the honorable mentions and not including other popular cartoons such as Steven Universe and Over the Garden Wall.
- Their "Top 10 Worst Animated Movies", received minor complaints that The Emoji Movie (a really infamous film in many circles) didn't appear on the list, nor was it given a Dishonorable Mention. However, the film did take the top spot on their "Top 20 Worst Animated Movies of the Century (So Far)" list nearly 2 years later.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In their "Top 10 Cartoons That Deserve Their Own Live Action Movie" video, they ranked Kim Possible at #2, and took a jab at Disney by saying that maybe they'll make a Kim Possible movie when they find some time between the Marvel and Star Wars films in the next thirty years. Almost a week after the top ten was uploaded, Disney announced that a live action Kim Possible movie was in the works.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: Having a large fanbase in South America, WatchMojo made a Latin Spanish channel where they translated their videos as well made original ones for this channel (mostly about Telenovelas and TV series from this continent). The problem is when they literally translated videos still using American dubbing (and edition) instead Latin Spanish dubbing, which made angry a lot of fans, not seen in dislikes but in comments. This is mostly seen in anime videos of classic series like Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya or series that shouldn't be dubbed/edited like One Piece and Bleach. Also this counts for English-spoken animations that have beloved Latin American dubbings like The Simpsons and Shrek.
- Memetic Mutation:
- "WatchMojo is running out of ideas!" The company even took this in stride and sold shirts that said, "Running out of ideas since 2005".
- The "You're Running Out of Ideas" Troll is given a dishonorable mention on the "Top 10 Types of Internet Trolls" video.
- Top 10 Anime List Parodies, which parody their endlessly invariant title format and iffy research on subjects. Which also received acknowledgment when it reached number one on their Top 10 Anime Memes list.
- Seasonal Rot: While there is debate on how bad WatchMojo has become, most agree that it's lost steam over the years with rather bizarre lists (i.e. "WatchMojo has run out of ideas"), tendencies for errors to slip through the cracks, and an often overly cynical attitude.
- So Okay, It's Average: The general consensus is that, despite some lists that landed them in infamy, they're not really anything special. Especially so when you compare them to members of the Countdown Community like The Autarch and Joshscorcher, among others.
YMMV / WatchMojo