- Badass Decay:
- Ravishing Rusev Day, who at least were able to win a match in Season 1, were not able to win a match in Season 2, resulting in their eventual elimination after losing to The Fabulous Truth.
- Since Bobby Roode joined as Kevin Owen's replacement on Team Pawz, he has yet to win a match. Unlike Season 1 where he with Charlotte as The Robe Warriors made it to the finals. Similar to above, Team Pawz' loss to Mahalicia resulted in their elimination.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Alexa Bliss and Braun Strowman had such good chemistry together that a lot of fans began shipping them.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- Becky Lynch becoming Bobby Roode's new tag partner to replace Charlotte, who was out for dental surgery, only to be dropped when she returned, when you consider that a year later she would end up turning heel on Charlotte out of frustration of the latter seemingly stealing the spotlight from her constantly. This incident could be seen as another example of this.
- Also from Season 1, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews were one of the participating teams. After their elimination, Nia unleashes on Dana Brooke and Titus O'Neil (Crews's teammates in Titus Worldwide) for being more of a hindrance than a help. Cue the Raw episode before Hell in a Cell 2018 where it's Dana Brooke (after a lot of Ship Tease with Crews) who quits the trio.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Bayley really wanted to team with Finn Balor in the Mix Match Challenge, but ultimately he would team with Sasha Banks instead. She would get her wish in Season 2.
- Unfortunately for Bayley, Finn was promptly injured and had to be replaced by Apollo Crews.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Carmella and R-Truth took part in a mixed tag-team match at an episode of Smackdown Live! (their opponents being The Miz and Maryse) before being confirmed as participants in the second season. For the record, 'Mella was fresh of winning a feud as the SD Women's Champion against Asuka (Miz's first and second season partner) a few months earlier.
- Iron Woobie: Natalya, who had to get a new partner due to her original partner's injury (At the hands of one of her opponents the next week), and has yet to win a match at all for two whole seasons. Thus resulting in Team Pawz eventual elimination.
- Second Season Downfall: The second season is considered inferior to the first. Given the numerous replacement of team members due to injuries and fan favorite teams being eliminated to the point where the finalists were two teams that arguably should've been eliminated long ago. The fact that the prize for winning would be the number 30 spots for both Men's and Women's Royal Rumbles which was tacked on in the middle of the tournament did not help.
YMMV / WWE Mixed Match Challenge