- Growing the Beard: Somewhere in the early 70th his songs become much more serious and philosophical (and funny songs become much more funny).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the "Masquerade Ball" song (1963), character's wife compares herself to French actress Marina Vlady. In 1969, Vysotsky got married to real Marina Vlady.
- Memetic Mutation: A lot, since his songs (and movie roles) are quite quotable:"If you don't reply, we'll write to Sports-Lotto""We have few real psychotics, so there's no one to lead us."
- Signature Song: "Song About a Friend"
- Tear Jerker: "He hasnt returned from the battle", "Wooden Suits", "The Ballad of Departing for Heaven"
YMMV / Vladimir Vysotsky