- Critical Dissonance: The Diva Dirt community doesn't like Velvet too much, and comments there usually take potshots at her. This is ironic considering she isn't as hated elsewhere.
- Designated Hero: Velvet Sky did not come to blows with Winter at first because Angelina Love was trying to make peace between them. So when Winter proved Sky right by drugging Love you'd expect Sky to take the opportunity to finally deck Winter rather than threaten and assault her oblivious victim. Even taking into account zombie Love proving able to No-Sell everything Velvet did and curb stomp Sky, it still gave Love a reason for siding with Winter against Sky after Love supposedly became sober. If Sky had taken almost any other course of action Love would have probably decided she was right or at least remained a mediator.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: She's easily TNA's most popular Knockout. Checking Twitter proved the fans were furious about her "firing."
- Evil Is Sexy: In contrast to Angelina Love and Madison Rayne, who would often enter Fashion-Victim Villain territory, Velvet was always sexy whenever she was bad. And perhaps sometimes because of it.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The Bastard Boyfriend storyline she did with Chris Sabin on TV. They were dating at the time but their relationship ended horribly, with rumours that an affair was involved on her part.
- Les Yay: The Beautiful People was oozing with it. Retired wrestlers on the observer decided the only way the Winter angle could make any sense was if Velvet Sky was a jealous lesbian and proceeded to refer to her as one until more of Winter's nature and motives were revealed.
- Her strap match with Sarita probably wouldn't have been so bad if the strap hadn't kept falling off.
- In the Lockbox Challenge, Velvet wins a contract to have any match of her choice. She picks a match against Angelina Love (a 'Leather and Lace' match no less) and essentially uses it as an excuse to give her a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown. It should be mentioned that Angelina had just become the Knockouts Champion. And Velvet didn't make the match for the title. There's Dumb Blonde and then there's this.
- Narm Charm: After Angelina first split from The Beautiful People and performed the booty shake over the ropes in a match, the camera cut to Velvet, who angrily points at her own ass and shakes it. Silly but funny and perfectly in character.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: There was a time she was being compared unfavorably to WWE's "divas", in 2007 when the much reviled Diva Search was still in full force no less. You'd have a hard time recalling it though, given how she got some of the biggest pops of any knockout in 2014. As a heel no less. Yes, she was even (unofficially) involved in the first televised match to get a "Better Than The Divas" chant.
- The Scrappy: Since her very first match in NWA-TNA as Talia Madison until a little ways into her Knockouts Championship run, where people finally started to give her a break (she lost the title to Gail Kim just as she was starting to really get over). In truth, her matches had gotten noticeably better during the "hazing" of Madison Rayne angle but it took quite a while for Sky to be "forgiven" for the bad taste her initial TNA efforts left (she also went through some slumps).
- She Really Can Act: During 2011 in her angle with Karen Jarrett, Velvet cut some of the best promos of her career. Beforehand she had only really played a heel effectively. People were shocked that she could play such a good face too.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Angelina Love's 2010 return was marked with a HeelFace Turn delivering a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Velvet. When Velvet had seen Angelina in the crowd, she was happy and hugged her. Likewise when being attacked, Velvet was crying and clearly heartbroken that her friend had turned on her. This was meant to be Laser-Guided Karma for Velvet and Madison firing Angelina months ago, and they were able to be convincingly evil afterwards, but it was still glaring.
- The Woobie: During the time when she was the on-screen girlfriend of Chris Sabin. Velvet would remain a babyface but get continually mistreated by him. She was very good at looking like a kicked puppy when the occasion called for it.
YMMV / Velvet Sky