- Broken Base: The Dante the Great segment. Many people liked it for its originality, having a less serious tone than other segments in the series, culminating in a badass magic fight against the police that dropped the Found Footage format in favor of traditional film making techniques. Many others hated it precisely because it changed the formula so much, arguing that it had no place in a horror anthology and that if you're not taking advantage of the Found Footage format in an series known specifically for that, you may as well just make a normal movie.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Parallel Monsters is the only segment that everybody liked, the rest fall under Broken Base.
- Funny Moments: In Bonestorm, a police helicopter eventually responds to the ensuing chaos... the pilot decides it's not worth getting involved.
- Also in Bonestorm, a skeleton inexplicably decides to flip the bird before being detonated by fireworks.
- Moment of Awesome: Bonestorm. After three films of pretty much everybody dying, it's downright cathartic to see those skaters, even if they are assholes, kick the everlasting fuck out of an Apocalypse Cult and only lose one of their friends... oh, and their cameraman.
- The feats of real magic in Dante the Great include walking on walls, grabbing things and people from far way, puppeteeering a swat member into killing the others, and switching places with a man.
- In Vicious Circles, one of the sources for the footage is an amateur pornographer, who's filming a girl stripping for him in the back of a taxi... said girl pulls a gun on him and threatens to kill him. Why, you might ask? Well, her ex sold him revenge porn of her, which apparently ruined her life.
- Narm: From Parallel Monsters, the parallel dimension men's demon penises are just ridiculous and would be more at home in a crass horror parody. For that matter, the Satanic zeppelin is also hard to take seriously. Whether that's the segment's intention or not is up in the air.
- Nightmare Fuel: Now has its own page.
- Sequelitis: The first film in the series to earn largely negative reviews from both audiences and critics, though it's generally agreed that Parallel Monsters is top notch.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: One of the biggest criticisms was that three of the segments (Vicious Circles, Dante The Great and Gorgeous Vortex) broke the Found Footage aesthetic, it doesn't help that Gorgeous Vortex was actually taken out because of this.
- Too Dumb to Live: Alphonso from Parallel Monsters is confused and disturbed at seeing unusual things like a bloody sack of organs as the centerpiece of a nascent orgy, which all the locals think is normal, but doesn't even think about fleeing until he sees people put on demonic Game Face (let alone Marta being left alone with one of those monsters).
- In Vicious Circles, one of the kids on the bridge climbs over the barrier to get a good shot of the van. He ends up slipping and falling.
YMMV / V/H/S: Viral