- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Adda a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing for stringing along Max and using him to get to Kevork, framing him for her murders, or are her actions justified. Max himself believes the latter.
- Ass Pull
- Max suddenly having a gun after Adda sneaks into the garage.
- D.D. helping Max at the end of the game even though we saw him lying in a pool of his own blood earlier. The bulletproof vest Hand Wave doesn't explain that detail.
- Designated Hero: In Max's romantic pursuit of Adda, he acts like a Stalker with a Crush by faking phone calls to her at the hotel and sending her wine as a trick into getting into her apartment. He sites van Dalle as a pervert yet his own actions appear to indicate he is just as bad. At one point in the game, he presumably kills a chauffeur with a mixture of heart medicine and whiskey to distract Dr. Dramish so he can buy Adda some time at her lab.
- Designated Villain: Buffalo Bill has shades of this. He may be a thug, but his actions in hunting down Max are justifiable considering he's trying to avenge whom he believes to be his boss's killer.
- Ensemble Dark Horse
- Buffalo Bill, the hitman chasing Max at the beginning of the game, is quite popular due to his grunting dialogue.
- Eraser is also quite popular, as his appearances trigger some of the funniest moments of the game.
- So Bad, It's Good: The game's goofy FMV cutscenes.
- Special Effects Failure: During one of Adda's plot points, she tries to make steam come out of the coffee machine to open a sealed envelope. The steam itself was clearly put in afterward as it wasn't remotely realistic.
- The muzzle flashes are very obviously fake.
- Strangled by the Red String: Adda and Max's relationship, the former whose boyfriend has been killed and the latter who found his body. They even get back together just hours after they break up over Adda's revenge murders of Legrange and Marcos getting Max into the trouble they're currently in.
- That One Puzzle: The final puzzle, involving reassembling a data card schematic, matching it with several other data cards, and then inputting several codes, one of which is only vaguely alluded to.
YMMV / Urban Runner