- Author's Saving Throw: This series managed to tone down the use of collectible devices and how they use the past powers of Ultra Warriors. Here, the Minato brothers transforms into Rosso and Blu and what they get are elemental powers, not directly the powers of past Ultra Warriors.
- Americans Hate Tingle: Makoto is well-received in the Japanese fandom. However, not many of the fans from outside of Japan are fond of him, considering his need to become an Ultraman being rather childish.
- Awesome Music: The ending theme "Yume Hiko", which is sung by none other than Suzuko Mimori and is pure Sweet Dreams Fuel.
- Evil Is Cool: How can anybody say no to Ultraman Orb Dark? *
- Harsher in Hindsight: As if the death of Saki's brothers isn't much of a Tear Jerker, in Ultraman R/B Super Complete Works, their physical appearance were revealed to be that of Katsumi and Isami in O-50 uniforms make Saki's animosity towards the Minato brothers more painful to witness. Way to twist the knife further, Tsuburaya Productions.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: The last time Ginnojo Yamazaki portrayed as a father to The Hero, he sacrificed his life to save an entire galaxy by allowing himself to be swallowed by a black hole. By portraying Ushio Minato, Ginnojo not only gets a second chance of portraying a caring father who observes his children, he also managed to save his wife from doing the exact same sacrifice his previous character did.
- Heartwarming Moments: Isami is the only person to appreciate his father's weird fashion designing taste.
- Inferred Holocaust: Reugosite has been stated to consume planets that deemed as a threat. We can say that Earth is the first to avoid this threat.
- Ultraman Tregear at best, he has also destroying planets by imploring their inhabitants with granting their wishes. Yukio becoming Snake Darkness and reverted to normal is implied to be the first survivor of this. And don't let us start with how he created Reugosite...
- He Really Can Act: A variant. Since Gai Kurenai is not around in this series, Motoki Fukami pulls off an almost perfect impersonation of Hideo Ishiguro's voice when his character Makoto Aizen plays as Gai Kurenai.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Slapping the show's logo on a picture of Drake & Josh, with one comment saying "You'll understand if you watched the show" with the show in question depending on which fandom is being presented the joke.
- The Orb Ring NEO is compared to a pizza cutter, just like Orb Trinity's Orb Slasher.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Makoto Aizen actually Cereza crosses this when he orchestrates the monster attacks in the city and targets the Minato brothers/Ultramen Rosso and Blu out of petty jealousy for being Ultramen, something which he tried to achieve for 15 years.
- Saki Mitsurugi nearly crossed this by trying to use Earth as a bomb to destroy Reugosite to avenge her brothers' deaths, too stricken with grief to try and find another way. However, she managed to pull herself back from the brink by saving the Minato brothers from their attempted Heroic Sacrifice by switching places with them.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The ending theme Yume Hiko has the first few lines of the song played suspiciously similar in its tone to Gai Kurenai's Orbnica.
- Tear Jerker: The fact that Mio's disappearance caused her children to change drastically in their behavior; eg. Katsumi quits baseball to help his father, Isami pursues science to follow her footsteps and Asahi taking over the household works. Despite being a famous scientist, she dearly loves her family and to rub the salt into the wound, she disappeared on the day of her birthday.
YMMV / Ultraman R/B