- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Mona adorably ignorant of the rude things she says, or is she really passive-aggressive?
- Is Steven/The Professor just a big Cloud Cuckoo Lander, or does he have a god complex?
- Base-Breaking Character:
- Mia. Some feel she was robbed and should have lasted longer, others feel she lasted too long as she did.
- Destiny, for either being seen as an entertaining trainwreck, or just plain annoying.
- Darla, some who see her as a good villain, others feel she goes too far.
- Aubrey. Some root for her because of the downright cruel way Boe treats her, others say she's just as bad as Boe and consider her a Designated Hero.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Robyn and Azazel.
- Norissa and Giselle for Action.
- Elimination Houdini: Destiny, considering she got herself sent to the Dock of Shame more times than anyone else.
- Mona is a more conventional example, as she's not great in challenges, doesn't make many friends, and doesn't play strategically, and yet she somehow manages to get 7th place.
- Jerkass Woobie: Aubrey. It's hard to not feel a little bad for her due to her being unable to play the game as she wants due to Boe relentlessly bullying her due to thinking she is an 'airheaded popular girl afraid of doing work' which isn't even true. And not to mention her reaction when Dewey was voted off which she feels is her fault...
- Vince. The guy has a short temper and can be very rude to the people who make him mad, but he does feel pretty bad for snapping at them and losing his temper. To rub salt in the wounds, he's voted off first.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: Many consider Uber Drama Island to be the author's best work, but Stranded (which is also very liked by fans) is his favorite.
- Moe: Linda, Mona, Dewey, Giselle.
- Moral Event Horizon: Darla crosses the line from brat to cruel with her nonstop unnecessary bullying of Linda.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: While Brett and Destiny were never universally hated, Brett was considered boring and Destiny annoying. Their receptions improved when they got together and showed more vulnerable sides.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Aubrey is supposed to be sympathized with because of her getting ostracized by Boe. But, Aubrey herself is a whiny, selfish, vindictive brat that thinks everyone's out to get her and treats them accordingly.
- The Woobie: Mia. She wants to play the game, but for some unexplained reason NOBODY notices she is even there, and if they do they forget about her by the next time they see her. The lack of attention and being ignored and seen as an intern makes her snap and it can be seen as a Tear Jerker. Bonus points for being noticed at last ... and then getting voted off since she 'never did anything' despite the fact she did the most of anybody on her team.
YMMV / Uber Drama Island