- Ear Worm: "Act a Fool."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One year before Ludacris joined the cast, he released the memetic hard-driving theme song, "Move Bitch", still his most famous song to date. He may have been cast because of this.
- Ho Yay: The way Roman always seems anxious about Brian whenever he's with Monica, the slap and tickle fight between the two of them early on in the film and Roman's constant warnings for Brian to "stay away from dem females" just screams of this.
- Memetic Mutation: The laughably stupid title had made 2 X 2 Y into a title meme, with X and Y being whatever one wants.
- Narm: A lot of the dialogue during the first race between the drivers, especially Suki's.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- A guy in a red Mustang trying out to be a henchman for Verone's operation gets crushed under an semi-truck and then the car chassis causes a grey Corvette to crash; and it was a total accident that came out of nowhere. Imagine how much this thing happens in a universe like this...
- The scene where Verone has a corrupt cop give him a 15-minute window for the movement of his money by torturing him by heating up a metal bucket with a live rat that will borrow into the cop's body if the bucket is heated long enough; thank God, it doesn't happen, but Verone threatens to do that to his family if he doesn't.
- Sequelitis: This is widely regarded to be the worst film in the series by some distance, and often consigned to Fanon Discontinuity status by fans.
- Vindicated by History: Somewhat. Though still considered a weak entry, its reputation has grown a bit over a few years mostly because of the tragic death of Paul Walker. It has caused some fans to look back at it a bit more fondly than when it was first released. Not to mention, many find it as a great intro for Roman who has become a big part in the franchise.
YMMV / 2 Fast 2 Furious