- Alternate Character Interpretation: Was the original Turbo Rider the hero he was portrayed as in the comics? Or just an ordinary guy who died in a Heroic Sacrifice? Or were the circumstances of his final moments different from how Turbo Kid imagines them? It's also possible to speculate on a few darker interpretations: that Turbo Rider went mad and his Kill 'Em All mode was responsible for the destruction Turbo Kid grows up in, or that the real Turbo Rider was in hiding when the real catastrophe went down.
- Awesome Music: Its soundtrack that consist of 80's tunes is pretty rad.
- Cliché Storm: The song over the opening credits.
- Complete Monster: Zeus, a vicious tyrant who fancies himself a grandiose emperor, rules over the post-apocalyptic Wastelands with an iron fist and enjoys brutalizing as many people as possible. Flashbacks show him violently murdering the Kid's parents for refusing to tell him where they got their water, which he considered stealing from him, and leaving the Kid to die in the desert. Years later, Zeus has cemented a monopoly over potable water in the Wastelands, and has his henchmen bring back on a spike the head of anyone who has angered him. His warriors also regularly abduct people in the region and force them into bloody Gladiator Games where the losers are put into a machine that crushes them to death and extracts the water in their body, the real source of Zeus's water. When the heroes manage to win in the arena against his champions, Zeus tries to have them executed anyway and send his men after them when they escape. Zeus later tortures junk dealer Bagu for information, only to slowly disembowel him to death anyway after he learned everything he wanted to know. In the final confrontation against the protagonists, Zeus reveals that he is a robot who killed his own creator, and considers human beings as nothing more than pests to be eradicated.
- Heartwarming Moments: The Kid and Apple kiss...in a shower of blood.
- Tear Jerker: Apple's Heroic Sacrifice.
YMMV / Turbo Kid