- Angst? What Angst?- Mia isn't too sad that her entire town, her only home, was destroyed in a blaze of fire and terror, not to mention her terrible living conditions before that.
- Author Tract:The writer constantly goes back to the argument of the "good guys" sometimes forced to do bad things as the entire reason why they're supposed to be disliked... even though the protagonists tend to do a lot worse and just for entirely selfish reasons.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The comedy is the only real reason to keep reading, otherwise it really is nothing more then about a team of evil-aligned characters doing horrifying and terrible actions while not caring one whit about it.
- Distaff Counterpart- Alyssa has a lot in common with Gray.
- Rewatch Bonus- Rereading the comic from the beginning after the conclusion of Saga 6 means that Xaneth's plans involving Sebastian take on a whole new dimension. He knew that Sebastian would become a powerful force in the future, so he engineered Sebastian gaining his superstrength and ensured that Sebastian would be under his control.
- On a less serious note, it also reveals why Xaneth put together such a strange ensemble for Sebastian, and why he seemed so put out when Sebastian first refused to wear it: his refusal at that point in time meant he wasn't going to become powerful until a later time.
- Schedule Slip- A very, very long time. Updating now since they have a new artist.
- Shout-Out: Amber is in many ways a magical version of the T-1000
- Tear Jerker -
- Olivia begging Elia to protect her child as she's dragged beneath the ground by Elia's undead.
- Tom's death in Saga 7, and Mia's reaction to it. The whole page progressively becomes more monochrome, reactions from everyone - even Bayn and Xaneth - are shown, and there's absolutely no text. Because there's no need for any.
- Sebastian sure claims Above Good and Evil as his alignment, but when he's the one making the decisions (like during Amberscar, and after Xaneth is killed,) he seems more like a Pragmantic Anti-Hero or Well Intentioned Anti-Villain.
YMMV / True Villains