- Designated Hero: Yuki Longate. She claims to be a hero, but is a Grade-A spoiled bitch.
- Evil Is Sexy: Lili and Almagam, although they didn't intend to be evil in the first place.
- Game-Breaker: Luca, a downloadable character introduced Trouble Witches NEO! has twice as much MP out of the entire cast as well as a significantly higher damage output than any other character in the game.
- The same could probably be said for Cotton in Trouble Witches Origin.
- Macekre: The entirety of Trouble Witches NEO's! English localization. Many storylines were heavily abridged, the script can't decide which names to use, and the translation having many instances of Engrish and spotty grammar all suggest that Studio SiestA couldn't be bothered to make sure a danmaku shooter, a video game genre that already doesn't make it outside of Japan very often, had a decent localization.
- Moe: It's a Cute 'em Up after all.
- Most Annoying Sound: ANY moment in Story Mode where Malcem screams at the top of his whiny lungs as he goes Brainwashed and Crazy before a boss battle in Trouble Witches NEO's! English dub qualifies.
- Narm Charm: Bad voice acting or not, you can't help but feel at least a little bit sorry for Lyla when she rants about how much she sucks in front of Lilly (until she starts crying, that is). Anything Sakurako says also qualifies as Narm Charm. Her voice actress's accent makes her sound almost adorable.
- So Bad, It's Good: Some of the Trouble Witches NEO's fanbase consider the "Blind Idiot" Translation and bad English voice-overs as a the best part of NEO!. This has led to various videos uploaded to YouTube to feature clips of the game's English dub.
- Spiritual Adaptation: Trouble Witches is probably the closest thing to a Magical Chase sequel shoot 'em up circles will see.
- That One Boss: Lili. Unlike the previous bosses, she has a small weak-point that's only vulnerable for less than two seconds then closes her weak-spot off by some trap doors until it opens again. It doesn't help that Lily traps you inside her Eternal Engine form to restrict your mobility and she sends out spiked balls once her turrets and flamethrowers are taken out. Risking to go up close and personal to shoot her core during her first phase will likely get you killed (especially thanks to the standard Xbox 360 controller's cruddy Directional Pad and analog stick) as she moves around the closed off space. And it gets worse when she Turns Red because will fill the screen with bullets with little room to maneuver through them.
- Unexpected Character: Many were not expecting to see Fantastic Night Dreams Cotton's titular heroine of all characters to guest star in Trouble Witches Origin as a DLC character and make a return in an indie shoot 'em up game.
- What an Idiot!: Symphony, full-stop. At the beginning of her "Neo" story, she believed that her crown was stolen by one of Amalgam kids, but then she pulls out the crown from her pocket and places it on her head.
- However, this is downplayed in Trouble Witches Origin, where Symphony's story takes a different turn.
YMMV / Trouble Witches