- Crazy Awesome
- Face of the Band: Bill Kaulitz. Over the years, their image has become less about the band and more about the twins. More recently, it's become all about Bill. This is most apparent in music videos such as "Automatic" / "Automatisch", where the rest of the band is barely seen.
- The cover of their album Humanoid features a terrifying cyborg Bill. The other members are absent.
- The cover of Kings of Suburbia also only features Bill.
- Fandom Rivalry: The TH fandom is loaded with internal rivalry between French fans and German fans.
- A brief weird one when MTV Europe Music Awards put them in a poll for "Best Act Ever" in 2008, Rick Astley also happened to be in the same poll, so a massive ballot stuffing war raged between the Tokio Army and a bunch of trolls trying to rickroll everyone.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: In the late 2000's, the band was insanely popular in France and Belgium.
- Growing the Beard: in 2013, Bill has literally grown a beard◊. It remains to be seen whether the sound of Tokio Hotel's new album will confirm this trope or not.
- Memetic Mutation: Sometime around 2006 to 2008, 4chan got a hold of Bill. It wasn't entirely uncommon to see his face cropping up in "You Fall In Love You Lose" or otherwise being placed in threads for sexy women.
- Signature Song: "Schrei" / "Scream" and/or "Durch Den Monsun" / "Monsoon".
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Lots of this.
YMMV / Tokio Hotel