- Awesome Music: Most fans will nominate Fear and Dulcinea.
- Face of the Band: Glen Phillips.
- Signature Song: "All I Want"; "Fall Down" is second.
- Tear Jerker: A lot, but possibly the most heart-wrenching is "Windmills".
- Vindicated by History: On its original release, Pale was largely ignored and considered "weak and amateurish" compared to Fear and Dulcinea. As years have passed, its been re-evaluated as one of the 1990s greatest albums and has become a cherished indie classic, mainly for the introspective lyrics, Glen Phillips' mind-blowing vocal performance, and wide use of dynamic range. Its vinyl pressing, something it only got one print of, runs for a pretty penny on eBay and is said to be one of the best albums ever engineered for the format.
YMMV / Toad the Wet Sprocket