- Ensemble Dark Horse: Azrael became a fan favorite among the fanbase from the very chapter that introduced her. The author himself admitted that she's one of his favorite characters too.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: In-universe, Ryouko has two girls who are explicitly in love with her, idolizes Mami, and gets Kyouko's attention. This was before it was revealed that Ryouko is related to not one, but two Matriarchies, after which she starts getting offers of marriage from people she's never met. Then she becomes the Hero of Orpheus. At this point, at least one other magical girl has tried to seduce her, and it's explicitly spelled out as just the start.
- Reread Bonus: Many events and plot elements get subtle foreshadowing in previous scenes, sometimes even two Volumes prior, that can often only be picked on after their revelation. For example, rereading the meeting between Mami, Kyouko and Yuma in chapter 14 after knowing that Mami has undergone a Reformat in the past and that the two others are aware of it and probably ordered it put some passages under a completely different light.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: While Asami/Ryouko, being the most developed couple is popular enough, there are a few fans who are interested in pairing Ryouko with Simona, Mami, Kyouko, Clarisse, and even the other Clarisse. There is Ship Tease all over the place and Ryouko is noted to resemble Madoka, who is herself the subject of this. In-universe, Ryouko is also considered as a Launcher of a Thousand Ships thanks in part to her extraordinary heritage and recent actions in the story. So far, the winner is Asami/Ryouko, with them starting a relationship as of chapter 32.
- Tearjerker: Asami finally gathers the courage to confess to Ryouko... at the same time Ryouko is getting notified by Clarisse (her AI, not the MG) that she's being transferred.
- Turned into a heartwarming moment in chapter 32 when after Ryouko's return from her mission and Asami's "resurrection", they start a relationship.
- Ryouko is told in chapter 48 that she was genetically modified before her birth (a huge taboo and source of ostracizing in human society) and that her parents were brainwashed to forget about it, the only reaction she could muster was to grab Asami, teleport them in a secluded place and cry uncontrollably.
YMMV / To the Stars