- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Glitch is DG and Azkadelia's father. They both resemble him and the Queen was much closer to him than they ever show her being with Ahamo. There is a big portrait of him standing at her side, but none of her with Ahamo. Or that Ahamo is DG's father, but Ambrose is Azkedellia's.
- Due to a remnant of the original story, DG and Cain's relationship is subject to this. It was originally an outright romance but anything too romantic was downplayed in the miniseries. So some view DG as a potential Second Love for Cain once he gets over Adora's death. Others view her as a surrogate daughter for him.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The failed pilot episode Lost In Oz used some of the same ideas, particularly the villain being possessed by the original Wicked Witch.
- The real world house for DG is later used in Once Upon a Time as the Storybrooke home for the Wicked Witch of the West. And Anna Galvin - who plays Lavender Eyes - would later appear as Cruella's mother in the series.
- The relationship between DG and Cain started out romantic and then became an Intergenerational Friendship. When Snow White and the Huntsman came along, it was the opposite. The Huntsman was scripted to be a father figure to Snow White, before getting Promoted to Love Interest.
- Ho Yay: Look, it's got Alan Cumming in it. And Glitch and Cain talk about dancing and Glitch tells Cain he makes him feel like girls at balls used to, and Cain makes him remember who he is by calling him "Sweetheart."
- Magnificent Bitch: Azkadelia. She overthrows her mother, tricks DG into leading her to the Emerald, defeats the Tin Men and almost succeeds in her plan to trap the OZ in eternal darkness. The only reason she doesn't is because she does a HeelFace Turn, not because the heroes defeat her.
- It runs in the family; while the queen is a more benevolent version of this trope, she counts with her plan to "banish" Ahamo, hide DG and implant memories and codewords to make her come back at the right time, as well as hiding the Emerald.
- "My life is a lie!" Oh, DG...
- Everyone calls her DG. Everyone, all the time. Even her mother, in extreme times of crisis, only refers to her by initials. Because the incredibly obvious not-so-clever reference her name is would be ruined if they actually gave her a name. So in one of the film's climactic scenes the queen can only say "Deeeeegeeeee!"
- Narm Charm: "You guys are out of your tiny minds" is silly but still also quite funny.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Glitch's flashback of his lobotomy.
- The first Wicked Witch. "You can let go, little girl..." *shudders*
- The Woobie: Take your pick:
- Glitch, for having half his brain removed.
- Cain, for being in an And I Must Scream prison.
- Azkadelia, who was possessed by an evil witch, and was then helpless to do anything as the witch then took over and killed everyone.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: Zooey Deschanel is seen as a casting mistake, with her acting being seen as too wooden or disaffected for the role. There are some who like her in the role though.
YMMV / Tin Man