- Determinator: The protagonist of "It's Not My Time." As the title suggests, they know they're facing death, but they refuse to die.
- Epic Riff: When "Kryptonite" begins with that bassline, you'll know what song it is right from the get-go.
- Rainbow Lens: "Let Me Go" could be telling a lover that the singer is gay.
- Screw Destiny: "It's Not My Time" could be interpreted as this.
- Signature Song: "Kryptonite", with "Here Without You" a close second and "When I'm Gone" a distant third (although the last song charted slightly higher on the Billboard Hot 100 than the second song).
- Suspiciously Similar Song: "Away from the Sun" sounds very similar to "Driven Under" by Seether. Interestingly, Josh Freese played drums on both songs.
- Tear Jerker: "Here Without You".I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me...
YMMV / 3 Doors Down