- Heartwarming Moments: The many affectionate moments with Mary and her daughter are pretty sweet.
- Hollywood Homely: Lucy.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Most internet-savvy viewers probably found out about the 1939 movie as "that film where women sass each other".
- Crystal's last line is often used in reaction gifs on social networking sites.
- "I've had two years to grow claws, Mother. Jungle Red!"
- Values Dissonance: Women, even if your man has an affair, acts like you've done something wrong because your job happens to pay more than his, or beats you, divorce is a horrible terrible thing and you should forgive it all without a second thought. Because men are pigs and life is meaningless without them.
- The Woobie: Mary.
YMMV / The Women