- Tear Jerker: Nearly every death scene. Despite there being a lot of deaths in the series, it never gets old:
- Nugget's death is sad mainly because it's always sad when animals die.
- Esben. Everyone thought he was dead, and when he is finally revealed to have been alive the whole time, he doesn't last long.
- Podo Helmer. The worst part about his death is that it shows us just how callous Yurgen really is.
- Surprisingly, Gnag has a sad death, mainly because of how much the guy suffered.
- Janner. This one was very unexpected. It's also kind of a Heartwarming Moment, because after reflecting on how selfish he's been throughout his adventures, he finally sacrifices himself to save his brother and many others. Fortunately, the epilogue makes it better by implying that Kalmar has found a way to bring him back to life.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Sure, Gnag does some very evil things, but can you blame him after all the crap he went through in his childhood?
YMMV / The Wingfeather Saga