- Face of the Band: It was Chris Butlers band, but Patty is undeniably the face. Patty stressed in interviews that even though Chris was the songwriter, she contributed her own experience to the band as well, and wasnt simply a male songwriters mouthpiece.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The video for "I Know What Boys Like" starts with Patty Donahue having a puff of her cigarette, as a part of her Everygirl image. Donahue really was a heavy smoker, and she'd pass away to lung cancer at the end of 1996.
- Heartwarming Moments: Chris Butler claimed in this interview with NME that even after all these years, "Christmas Wrapping" still puts him in a better mood when he hears it on the radio, even during the most stressful of holiday seasons. Very appropriate, since that's how fans of this song feel every year.
- Les Yay: While the music video for "I Know What Boys Like" is all about the other male band members falling for Patty's The Tease antics, the female bassist also seems to be enjoying herself.
- LGBT Fanbase: Unsurprisingly, "I Know What Boys Like" is something of a gay anthem. It helps that, while the song's music video is all about the other male band members falling for Patty's The Tease antics, the female bassist also seems to be enjoying herself.
- Vindicated by History: An interesting case as "Christmas Wrapping" has gradually overtaken "I Know What Boys Like" as the most recognized Waitresses song, even though the latter originally charted better.
YMMV / The Waitresses