- Base-Breaking Character: Whoopi Goldberg is either a hilarious Cool Old Lady who made some mistakes but learned from them or an unfunny host who frequently excuses racism, sexism and microaggression.
- Critical Research Failure: Whoopi Goldberg's infamous defending of Bill Cosby from his rape accusations, saying that the women should be taking him to court if any of it is true, giving the impression that she was mocking them for no longer being able to do that. She later explained that she wasn't aware the Statute of Limitations had run out, having assumed there wasn't one for rape. She's since turned on Cosby fully.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ana Navarro is absolutely beloved by the audience for her well researched arguments and her ability to get on Meghan McCain's nerves. Many cry out for her to be on the show full time when Abby left.
- The Scrappy:
- Jenny McCarthy's stint got backlash from a lot of people for promoting her anti-vaccine view.
- Meghan McCain is despised by absolutely everyone for her continued childishness, constant interruption of the other hosts and obnoxious complaining, to say nothing of the bias resulting from having a prominent Republican senator for a father.
- Abby Huntsman is widely perceived as a bland nepotism hire that contribute nothing to the show.
YMMV / The View