- Hilarious in Hindsight: In a spoiler for both works, watch the first season of The Good Place just before or after watching this episode.
- It Was His Sled: Valentine's actually in Hell.
- Misaimed Fandom: Donald Trump has cited this episode as a major inspiration for his "philosophy of success" - emulating Rocky Valentine's desire to always win and to have everything until it becomes boring - while seemingly ignoring the episode's unambiguously delivered moral warning against such covetousness.
- Moral Event Horizon: It's revealed that Rocky crossed this as a child when he killed a dog that bit him.
- Special Effects Failure: When Rocky shoots the lamp, it takes a second after the gun is fired for it to shatter.
- Spiritual Antithesis: Think the nonstop party world where all your desires are instantly satisfied would be a great place to spend the afterlife? The Black Mirror episode "San Junipero" agrees!
YMMV / The Twilight Zone S 1 E 28 A Nice Place To Visit