- Anti-Climax Boss: The Splund, a large intimidating teleporting monster spends the majority of its appearance terrifying Boni and Drutt... then Berk immediately despatches him by popping him with a needle.
- Awesome Music: The Theme tune.
- Cult Classic: The show's very fondly remembered by Brits and stop-motion animation fans in particular.
- Heartwarming Moments: "'Ello Berk..."
- Memetic Mutation: "It's bonkin' time! I loves a bit o' bonkin'!"
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Ahem, Creepy, crawly slimy things that stick onto your skin, horrid beasts with tentacles that want to pull you in. Squirmy worms, slugs and snails that lie there in the goo... they'll wait down there forever til they get their hands on YOU!
- The Splund is the definition of this with its creepy voice and laugh, giant grotesque face, and how it teleports around while casually threatening to eat Boni and Drutt.
- The screamer ending to the last episode. Especially since anybody who saw the last episode never saw it coming, and it's suggested that the Big Red Angry Thing at least did something rather nasty to the main characters!
- The Problem with Licensed Games: There were two. The first one was pretty well received, but the sequel... not so much.
- Tear Jerker: Rogg's 'death' in the last episode.
YMMV / The Trap Door