- Awesome Music:
- The theme by Scott Caysey for parts 2 and 3.
- Several from the musical, but in particular is "Bitch/Slut/Liar/Whore", which features a duet sung by one person.
- Badass Decay: Toxie could be seen as suffering this in Citizen Toxie. In said film, he's more goofy than his first film self, and he also seems to be less competent as a superhero.
- In the 1984 film, Toxie fought bare-handed, using mops for clean-p duty. In Citizen Toxie, he prefers using his mop for combat, and needed to leave to find one during a fight.
- When in the car with Evil Kabukiman he's frazzled and scolds E. Kabukiman for running stop signs, making illegal turns, and screams when the car flies through the air. He then rushes out when E. Kabukiman tells him it's going to explode. In the 1st film, reckless driving doesn't phase Toxie when he's running Bozo all over town and crashing through things. He even laughs as the car goes off of a cliff and explodes -which he emerges from unscathed.
- He chases after two rednecks in a truck, in Citizen Toxie. He makes it on top of the truck, and calls for them to stop. They slam on the breaks, and he goes tumbling off. Toxie kills one of the rednecks, but the other gets away. The Original Toxie could stay on a speeding vehicle much better, and was able to kill Slug, and throw him out of the car, before killing Bozo.
- Toxie is shown to be bullet proof in the first film. His mother and kids try to keep police authorities shooting him, and Toxie tells them all to run. In Citizen Toxie, when Tex begins shooting at him, Toxie runs, and hides behind the kids he's supposed to be saving, and gets most of them killed. Only three students survived, and that became two, because Toxie forgot about the last one and left him in the building with the Diaper Mafia temptress who was raping him. He also didn't untie Ms. Weiner, the pregnant teacher, who was in the building when it exploded, but was lucky enough to survive.
- Toxie also needed help from Sweetie Honey to defeat Evil Mad Cow Boy.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- Okay... exactly when did Melvin gain the ability to transform into a sexy blonde reporter chick, and why does no one comment upon this in the fourth movie?
- In some copies of the first film they have Lloyd Kaufman talking about how it's in the original version before he finds Toxie on the street dancing to the Toxic Crusaders theme song for money, talking about how he sold everything for crack, and talking about all sorts of other horrible things he does before Lloyd Kaufman starts smoking crack with Toxie and getting hooked.
- Cult Classic: These films are arguably the most well known production of Troma Films.
- Funny Moment: Toxie ripping off Frank's arm. Frank manages to deliver a bit of trashtalk before actually noticing (after which he is properly pimp slapped with his own arm).
- Hilarious in Hindsight / Defictionalization: The first film has for the Big Bad a large, belligerent Mayor with a penchant for bribery and illegal, sleazy tastes, and that's in addition to being behind much of the crime that made Tromaville such a Crapsack World. Am I describing Mayor Belgoody...or Toronto Mayor Rob Ford?
- Moment of Awesome:
- Toxie ranting on how shallow Noxie is for having plastic surgery as he literally tears Noxie apart!
- The entire Mexican restaurant fight scene from the original.
- Toxie VS Evil Kabukiman in Citizen Toxie definitely counts.
- Nightmare Fuel: The original has quite a bit, especially since it's a comedy.
- Retroactive Recognition: From the director's cut, 19-year-old Marisa Tomei as the girl in the locker room who finds Toxie attacking Melanie and promptly flees in terror.
- Sequelitis: Since there was so much footage for Part II, two films were made instead of one, and it shows by the declining quality. The fourth film had a bit of fun with this in its opening narration:15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Ferd fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.
- So Bad, It's Good: Well, they are Troma films.
YMMV / The Toxic Avenger