- Just Here for Godzilla:
- What drew lots of people to the series initially (aside from as a statement to Marvel) was Phantom Girl, since the Legion of Super-Heroes are a much anticipated return for DC Rebirth.
- Likewise, some fans are just excited for a book that features Mr. Terrific who has been bounced around the DCU since the New 52 with no definitive grounding.
- Fantastic Four fans were drawn to this series specifically because of its similarities to the Fantastic Four, particularly since Marvel put them on a bus after Secret Wars, because (reportedly) someone at the company didn't want to promote properties they couldn't make movies of. However, Marvel eventually announced the return of the F4 a month after Terrifics debuted, which (combined with DC's rocky launch of the New Age of Heroes imprint) took out a bit of momentum Terrifics could've had otherwise.
- Narm: The arrival of Dr. Dread in issue #6 due to how obvious an expy he is of Doctor Doom. The fact that he turns out to be Java, Simon Staggs caveman manservant just amplifies this.
- Unexpected Character: Seriously, who expected a team-up between Metamorpho, Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man and Phantom Girl? And an ancestor of the 30th Century Phantom Girl no less!
YMMV / The Terrifics