- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Brea, arguably. His job makes it difficult to show up for many marathons, but when he does, he has a HUGE following.
- Some of the chat mods could qualify as this. People like Mini Kitty rarely appear, but when she does the response is massive.
- Funny Moments:
- Burritos put me on the toilet. Cute Girls put me on the toilet.
- The Castlevania marathon was hilarious with Toast and Ana, with the Castlevania 64 voice acting, the Paris Hilton book (turned Up to Eleven with Toast doing it in his Snake voice), and then the reading of some So Bad, It's Good/Horrible fanfictions. And then finally, there is the moment where Ana has a special surprise for when the target is reached. Only Toast doesn't seem to know what it is. When they reach it: Ana actually ends up planting on Toast's lips. Could be called Foe Yay considering how Toast seems to enjoy torturing Ana with his puns.
- Halloween 2013 marathon:
- Singing "Space Jam" and completely fudging the lyrics. There's later a tone-deaf rendition of "Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys.
- During the Costume Quest playthrough, one of the streamers was shaking his butt on camera...just as Tim Schafer joined the stream.
- Fiddling with a keyboard during the Parasite Eve run. The keyboard snaps in half.
- Dancing with a green screen behind them playing Tim Curry's Big-Lipped Alligator Moment song from The Little Witch.
- Heartwarming Moments: The end of the Mr. Saturn Black Friday auction, in which flabbergasted Fangamer staff member Reid could only muster this, written on a blackboard:There are no words. Thank you.
- Memetic Mutation:
- "5 more minutes..."
- The community seem to have an abundant of in-jokes and memes relating to the marathons. Phil's hat being one of the most prominent of them all. Just check their wiki for a look at some of them.
- Moment of Awesome:
- One from a donator. During the 2010 Mario Marathon, one gimmick to raise donations was that after the scheduled ending, a certain amount raised would "purchase" an extra 2 hours of marathon. During one period, there was only a few minutes to go before time expired and the goal to add more time was seemingly out of sight... and a single, anonymous donator gave $1000, enough to keep the show going. Awesome, but only enough with a couple more $100+ donations. They reached the checkpoint with over two hundred dollars surplus.
- During the climax of the Mr. Saturn Black Friday auction, it boiled down to a bidding war between three users. They only had five minutes to bid, but whenever someone would bid, the timer would be reset. This lasted for at least ahalf hour or so before it finally ended.
- A certain Ammar donated a total of $2455—almost 1/4 of the entire amount—for the Kingdom Hearts marathon via auctions, winning bets with $600, $705, $1100, and $50.
- Moral Event Horizon: Crossed when they started holding Babies for ransom in Super Scribblenauts for donations. Played for laughs of course.
- That One Boss: The Speed Gamers have faced a number of bosses that have set their goal time back several hours.
- Most humorously when they went against Exdeath at the end of Final Fantasy V, wherein they spent over an hour trying a tactic that had been removed in the GBA version by accident. Oops.
- Vexen from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Put both fights together and you have almost two hours of failed attempts.
- That One Sidequest: Catching 'em all is hard enough, but their first Pokémon marathon of 2011 included an additional challenge: Every single Pokémon from the first two generations, in the PC boxes, in National Pokédex order. Celebi alone took hours to catch.
YMMV / The Speed Gamers