- Awesome Music: D's "The Two of Us Will Always Be One", which acts as Kai and Gerda's love theme.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: The Summer Princess gets a cool new power of dreaming about random events in the future, and her section of the miniseries is full of beautiful sets and costumes. It doesn't hurt that Kira Clavell is gorgeous as well.
- Fans Prefer the New Her: Kai is meant to look creepy after getting the mirror shard in his eye, but it just results in him wearing his hair neater.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: The Spring Witch takes the cake with this one. The big hat with flowers on it is the least garish thing she wears.
- Foe Yay: The Snow Queen gets very close and personal with Gerda.
- Funny Moments: Kai tries to persuade Gerda to come out skating, which she refuses because she hates winter. So Kai goes to the calendar, blows all the pages away until it's March and says that she can now come outside.
- Ham and Cheese: Jennifer Clement is really having a ball hamming it up as the Spring Witch.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- Minna encouraging both Kai and Gerda from the start. She also seems to act as a mediator when Wolfgang is being too hard on Kai.
- Gerda's mother appearing before her to give her help that unfreezes her, and allows her to fight the Snow Queen.
- The ending. The polar bear transforms into a prince, carrying the Snow Queen off to a happy ending. Gerda and Kai then find themselves home, and happily reunite with Minna and Wolfgang. The latter even hugs Kai, and smiles for the first time.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- What would be Bridget Fonda's final role ends with her literally being carried out of frame by her love interest. And she opted to quit acting to raise a family.
- The below mentioned Suddenly SHOUTING! would be repeated by Emily Blunt playing a Snow Queen Expy in The Huntsman: Winter's War.
- The geometric layout of the hotel and Snow Queen's palace looks a bit similar to Elsa's in Frozen.
- Les Yay: Plenty between Gerda and the Robber Girl, following on from the original book. They even sleep incredibly close to each other.
- Moe: Chen the magician is just so perky and cute, even in the face of constant rejection.
- Kai's epic putdown to Gerda once he's got the mirror in his eye? "Your skating is hopeless...overlong beat...and graceless.
- The Spring Witch's over the top reaction to Gerda asking if she can leave. She shrieks about an "unnecessary comment!"
- Similarly the Snow Queen's ridiculous "No fire!" when Kai first wakes up in her palace.
- The entirety of Meghan Black's hammy awkward performance as the Robber Girl.
- Narm Charm: Some of the sillier aspects of the miniseries are still quite endearing.
YMMV / The Snow Queen 2002